The security and confidentiality of your personal data are of utmost importance to us and we, Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited (“PACS”), are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data.
This Privacy Statement addresses how your personal data is collected, used and disclosed by PACS in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Your personal data includes, but is not limited to, any personal information about you concerning your name, gender, address, NRIC number, telephone number and e-mail address, as well as any diagnostic report issued by any qualified medical practitioner in connection with your state of health and/or physical or mental condition (“Personal Data”).
- Collection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is collected by us via various channels. The usual (but non-exclusive) channels by which we do so are when:
- you submit a proposal form to us for the purchase of our product(s);
- you interact with any of our representatives;
- you respond to our request for additional personal data;
- you access our website and perform an online transaction;
- you interact with our customer service officers; and/or
- you are contacted by, and respond to, our telemarketers.
- Use of Personal Data
By disclosing your Personal Data to us, you have agreed to the use by us of your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- processing your application for an insurance policy;
- processing any claims under your insurance policy;
- responding to your queries;
- informing you about our products and services;
- any other purpose in connection with the provision by us of any product or service to you, including, but not limited to, policy underwriting and policy servicing; and/or
- any other purpose that may be deemed necessary or expedient by us in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the purpose of complying with the requirement(s) of any governmental or regulatory authority, or court of law, of competent jurisdiction.
- Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not intentionally disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties without obtaining your prior consent except in the following circumstances:
- disclosure of Personal Data for the purposes stated in paragraph 2 above;
- disclosure of Personal Data to external service providers who provide support or professional services to us including, but not limited to, website or email hosting services, information technology services, data security consultancy services, marketing and promotional services, data analysis, legal services, accounting services, tax related services, administrative services and data back-up services;
- disclosure of Personal Data in connection with corporate restructuring or reorganisation including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, consolidation, amalgamation, joint ventures, formation of partnerships, voluntary liquidation and takeovers; and/or
- where disclosure of Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties is necessary to protect the interests, rights, property or privacy of PACS and/or its officers, employees, agents or affiliates.
- Reservation of Rights
PACS reserves its rights to vary or amend this Privacy Statement at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion to ensure that this Privacy Statement is consistent with future developments of PACS, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.