Prudential Repackages Prushield With Enhancements While Remaining Competitive
- With the implementation of changes to Medishield, Prudential Singapore has also taken the opportunity to enhance PRUShield with relevant and first-to-market benefits for customers
- The enhanced PRUShield remains competitive while offering the best value to customers
Singapore, 25 January 2013 – Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited (“Prudential Singapore”) has repackaged its PRUShield plan in line with the increases in premiums and enhanced benefits for Medishield. PRUShield - a Medisave-approved integrated medical insurance plan that offers comprehensive medical coverage will showcase new benefits while remaining competitive in the market.
With the enhanced PRUShield, customers can continue to enjoy peace of mind without worrying about high medical expenses. The recent round of enhancements to PRUShield takes into account how the best value can be offered to the most number of customers, with additional features that benefit a large segment of customers, while keeping premiums affordable.
The enhancements include the addition of new benefits as well as the improvement of existing ones:
- Extension of coverage to include pre-hospitalisation expense for general practitioner (GP) consultation and medication
- Extension of coverage period for pre- and post-hospitalisation (from 90 days to 180 days)
- Extension of coverage to include additional pregnancy complication conditions
- Coverage for Short Stay Ward in emergency departments
- Coverage for Inpatient Psychiatric treatment
- Coverage for Living Organ Donor Transplant Benefit (New)
- Coverage for medical treatment at selected Overseas Hospitals (New)
- Future Insurance Option feature which allows policyholders to buy additional coverage without underwriting upon significant events in life (New)
“Shield is the fundamental and basic protection product that all Singaporeans should have. With the recent changes, we ensure that our enhanced PRUShield offers new, first-to-market and relevant benefits for our customers, while remaining competitive and affordable” says David Ng, vice-President and Head of Marketing, Prudential Singapore. “Our Future Insurance Option, for example, allows policyholders to buy additional coverage without underwriting, at significant events in their lives. These are also times when needs and priorities change, and are triggers for policyholders to review their protection needs. These times include events such as when one gets married, has a new baby, or when their child starts schooling.” Besides comprehensive coverage, Prudential also ties up with an extensive list of hospitals to offer an electronic letter of guarantee to our PRUShield customers. PRUShield also has one of the shortest claim processing turnaround times in the industry. There is also PRUShield Extra for comprehensive coverage right from the first dollar.
Other than PRUShield, Prudential Singapore has an extensive suite of Accident & Health products that also cover for more specific conditions. Products such as PRUFirst Gift for example, covers yet-to-be-born babies for congenital abnormalities.
ABOUT Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited (Prudential Singapore)
Prudential Singapore, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Prudential plc, is one of the top life insurance companies in Singapore. We are one of the market leaders in investment-linked plans with over S$7.5 billion funds managed under PruLink funds as at 30 June 2012. With a rich history that has spanned more than 80 years, Prudential Singapore now has a dedicated team of approximately 3,100 financial consultants and over 700 employees. We are committed to serving the needs of more than 710,000 policyholders with over 1.7 million policies.
Prudential Singapore is the first life insurer in Singapore to be named Asia's Life Insurance Company of the Year in 2000. We were also presented with the Gold Award in Reader’s Digest Trusted Brands for five consecutive years from 2007 to 2011 and the May Day Model Partnership Award in 2009. In 2010, we emerged as one of the top insurers in Singapore in the Customer Satisfaction Index, which is a national barometer that tracks 104 companies from eight sectors. The company was also conferred the People Developer Award in 2012 by SPRING Singapore for the company’s efforts in training and developing its staff.
For media queries, please contact:
|Lorraine Lee Robert
Prudential Assurance Company Singapore
Tel: 65 6228 5033
Citigate Dewe Rogerson i.MAGE
Tel: 65 6530 7156