PRUflexicash protection plus
We understand you want to enhance your protection while enjoying yearly Cash Benefit
Step closer to achieving your savings goals while being financially ready for whatever life has to offer. PRUflexicash protection plus offers up to 4 times of protection coverage while you save for your future.
- Lump sum payment of up to 4 times the sum assured of PRUflexicash protection plus in the event of Death, Terminal Illness1 or Total and Permanent Disability1
- Flexible policy terms of 15 or 25 years
- 3 smart ways to enjoy your Yearly Cash Benefit2:
- Receive a Yearly Cash Benefit2 after the second policy anniversary and use it as you wish, such as for a family holiday.
- Enjoy bigger payouts on your policy if you choose to defer receiving your Yearly Cash Benefit2 after the tenth policy anniversary or later3.
- Accumulate your Yearly Cash Benefit2 and get a non-guaranteed interest of 3%4 per annum by leaving it with us.
- Use Future Insurance Option5 (FIO) to buy new plan6 within 4 years from first premium due date even if health changes. You are assured of enjoying increased coverage of up to 4 times the sum assured of your PRUflexicash protection plus or S$200,0005, whichever is lower.
- Add on these supplementary benefits for more comprehensive coverage
- Early Stage Crisis Waiver waives the premium payments for a fixed period7 upon diagnosis of early or intermediate stage medical conditions so that you can concentrate on treatment.
- Crisis Waiver III waives the remaining premium payments8 upon diagnosis of any one of the 35 listed Critical Illnesses and ensures that your financial plan remains in place.
- Early Payer Security, which waives the premium payments for a fixed period7 upon diagnosis of Early or Intermediate Stage Medical Conditions, so that you need not worry about your loved ones losing coverage while you concentrate on your treatment.
- Payer Security III / Payer Security Plus safeguards your loved one’s policy in the event that Death, Critical Illness or Total and Permanent Disability strikes you.
How it works
How PRUflexicash protection plus works:
Chris (male, non-smoker), age 25 next birthday, and who has just started working, is looking for a plan that can offer him cash liquidity and yet gives high protection coverage.
He bought a 25-year PRUflexicash protection plus policy with an annual premium of S$2,173.75 (approximately S$6 a day) for a sum assured of S$25,000. The table below illustrates how Chris can make use of his PRUflexicash protection plus and its Future Insurance Option benefit to enhance his coverage.
Chris enjoys the following benefits:
- Protection cover for Death, Terminal Illness or Total and Permanent Disability of S$100,0009
- Guaranteed Yearly Cash Benefit of S$1,250 from his policy after the second policy anniversary till end of policy term
- At maturity, Chris can expect to receive a lump sum of S$29,74410
- Future Insurance Option5 to buy new plan6 within 4 years from first premium due date even if health changes.
At age 25 (age next birthday), he buys a PRUflexicash protection plus policy.
|End of Policy Anniversary
||Guaranteed Death Benefit9
||Projected Amount Receivable at End
of Each Policy Anniversary
The figures are for illustration only. Insurance eligibility and premiums are subject to underwriting.
At age 28 (age next birthday), he decides to buy another policy to increase his total protection coverage and decides to use the Yearly Cash Benefit of S$1,250 to pay the first year premium due for the new policy. However, due to his work stress, he was diagnosed with hypertension 6 months ago. He decided to make use of the benefit of Future Insurance Option to buy a new PRUlink protection plus account of S$100,0005 sum assured. Within 3 years, Chris’ total coverage has increased from S$100,000 to S$200,0005 when he used his Yearly Cash Benefit to fund the premium of the new policy.
||Policy provides coverage against Terminal Illness and Total and Permanent Disability during the term of the policy, and before the anniversary of the policy on which the Life Assured will attain the age of 65. We will pay for either Terminal Illness or Total and Permanent Disability but not both.
||Yearly Cash Benefit is a payout of 5% of PRUflexicash protection plus sum assured after the second policy anniversary.
||No later than one year before the end of policy term.
||The interest rate is not guaranteed and is subject to change according to prevailing market conditions.
||Life Assured can exercise Future Insurance Option (FIO) once per PRUflexicash protection plus, up to 4 times the sum assured of PRUflexicash protection plus, up to maximum sum assured of S$200,000 per life assured.
||Excluding PRUflexicash protection plus policy or any other policy with a Future Insurance Option.
||Upon diagnosis of Early or Intermediate Stage Medical Conditions, the future premiums of the covered benefits will be waived for 5 years or 10 years respectively, or the remaining premium payment term, whichever is shorter. The maximum premium waiver period is 10 years, after which the benefit terminates and premium payment for the covered benefits resumes.
||Future premiums of the covered benefits are waived up to age 85 or until the end of the premium payment term, whichever is earlier.
||Guaranteed Death Benefit is 4 times the sum assured of PRUflexicash protection plus.
||Lump sum maturity amount refers to both Guaranteed and Non-Guaranteed amount based on investment returns projected at 4.75% per annum for the participating fund.
||The non-guaranteed amount is based on projected investment returns of 4.75% per annum for the participating fund.
You are recommended to read the product summary and seek advice from a qualified Prudential Financial Consultant for a financial analysis before purchasing a policy suitable to meet your needs.
Buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment. An early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value payable (if any) may be less than the total premiums paid.
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. Premiums for the supplementary benefits are not guaranteed and may be adjusted based on future claims experience.
This website is for reference only and is not a contract of insurance. Please refer to the exact terms and conditions, specific details and exclusions applicable to these insurance products in the policy documents that can be obtained from your Prudential Financial Consultant.
The information contained on this website is intended to be valid in Singapore and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Singapore. In case of discrepancy between the English and Mandarin versions of the e-brochure, the English version shall prevail.
Information is correct as at 5 October 2016.