Terms and Conditions of the PRUShield Premier Suite Promotion (“Promotion”)
A. Promotion Details
- “Promotion” means Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited.
- “Promotion Period” means the period between 1 March 2021and 30 September 2021 (both dates inclusive).
- “Eligible Customer” means policyholders whose proposal for the Eligible Insurance Plan(s) is submitted to and incepted by Prudential during the Promotion Period.
- “Eligible Healthcare Insurance Plan” means any of the products as stated in the Promotion Table below.
- “Discount” means 20% off first-year premium.
- “Promotion Table” means the table below.
In order to be eligible for the Promotion, the Eligible Customer must satisfy the following requirements during the Promotion Period in order to receive the Discount (as defined in the Promotion Table);
- If the Eligible Customer’s proposal for any Eligible Healthcare Insurance Plan is submitted to Prudential and incepted by Prudential during the Promotion Period.
- This Promotion is valid for all premium payment modes (monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual).
- Promotion Table
Eligible Customers can enjoy 20% off their first-year premiums when they purchase PRUShield Premier or PRUShield Premier WITH eligible PRUExtra plans between 1 March 2021 and 30 September 2021 (both dates inclusive).
Eligible Healthcare Insurance Plan
Discount on first-year premium
- If the Eligible Customer is a Singaporean or Permanent Resident of Singapore, PRUShield Premier is available as an Integrated Shield Plan (“IP”) made up of MediShield Life provided by the Central Provident Fund Board and additional private insurance provided by Prudential. The Discount is applicable to Prudential’s portion of the IP premium only.
- This Promotion is only applicable to customers who are new customers of PRUShield, and is not applicable to Mid-Term Adjustments (MTA) cases i.e. customer who already has a PRUShield Premier Base Plan and would like to add on a PRUExtra Supplementary Plan.
- This Promotion is not applicable should the Eligible Healthcare Insurance Plan be cancelled within the fourteen (14) day free-look period. The premium amount refunded will be based on the premium amount paid by the Eligible Customer.
B. General Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the Promotion, each Eligible Customer is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions contained herein and any other instructions, terms and conditions that Prudential may issue from time to time.
- Prudential assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected forms or email communication, for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic transmission which may limit an Eligible Customer’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
- Prudential has the sole and absolute discretion to exclude any Eligible Customer from participating in the Promotion without any obligation to furnish notice and/or reason.
- Prudential reserves the right to disqualify or disregard any Eligible Customer who does not comply with the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Prudential may at its discretion forfeit the Discount/Reward, or, if already awarded, reclaim the Discount/Reward at the expense of the Eligible Customer without payment, compensation, or having to give any reason whatsoever in the event Prudential subsequently discovers that the Eligible Customer is not eligible to participate in the Promotion and/or to receive the Discount/Reward.
- Rewards are subject to availability while stocks last. Prudential reserves the right to replace any Discounts/Rewards with items of similar value at any time without prior notice.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any loss of, damage to, defects, delay, mis-delivery or non-delivery of the Discount/Reward.
- Prudential reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Discount/Reward in any manner it deems fit. Prudential reserves the right to request for the Eligible Customers’ proof of eligibility, identity and/or otherwise for the purposes of verifying the Eligible Customer’s claim to the Discount/Reward at the time of Discount/Reward collection. Prudential is under no obligation whatsoever to disclose the identity of the Eligible Customers or to publish the same for any reason at any point of time.
- The Discount/Reward is not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items of equivalent value. The validity period of the Discount/Reward is non-extendable. Prudential will be under no obligation to replace or pay to Eligible Customers the value of any Discounts/Rewards that are not utilised by the Eligible Customers before the end of the validity period of Discount/Reward as may be stipulated by Prudential and/or relevant merchants.
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotions carried out by Prudential.
- By participating in this Promotion, each Eligible Customer agrees and consents under the Personal Data Protection Act (Cap 26 of 2012) to the collection, use and disclosure of any and all personal data of the Eligible Customer by/to Prudential, advertising and promotional agencies of the Promotion and such other third party, in Prudential’s absolute discretion, consider appropriate or necessary in connection with the Promotion and redemption of Discounts/Rewards.
- If an Eligible Customer provides Prudential with personal data of any third party, that Eligible Customer hereby:
- Agrees on behalf of that third party to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein; and
- Consents on behalf of that third party, to Prudential’s collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein.
The Eligible Customer warrants that he/she has obtained the said third party’s prior consent to such collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data by Prudential and that the personal data that the Eligible Customer provides to Prudential is true, accurate and complete.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any third party’s misuse of the Eligible Customer’s submitted information and photograph as a result of the Eligible Customer taking part in the Promotion.
- Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Prudential, its advertising and promotional agencies to use any of the Eligible Customer’s names, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes. Each Eligible Customer further agrees and acknowledges that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the Eligible Customer taken or made in connection with the Promotion shall vest solely and absolutely in Prudential without any compensation to the Eligible Customer.
- Prudential may at any time at its absolute discretion, without prior notice or assigning any reason thereof or being liable to any person, (i) suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion, or (ii) delete, vary, supplement, amend, modify any one or more of the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Prudential’s determination of all matters in connection with the Promotion and the Discount/Reward shall be final, binding and conclusive. Prudential is not obliged to give any reason or prior notice on any matter concerning the Promotion or the Discount/Reward. No appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained. Prudential has the right and discretion to determine whether a party has met the requirements of the Promotion and/or to receive the Discount/Reward. Eligible Customers and/or shall not be entitled to any damages or compensation whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of such amendment, suspension or termination.
- By participating in the Promotion, all Eligible Customers agree and undertake to, at all times, indemnify, keep indemnified, and hold Prudential, its employees and agents harmless against all losses (including direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential losses), damages (including general, special, and/or punitive damages), demands, injuries (other than personal injury caused by Prudential’s negligence), claims, costs, penalties, interest and fees (including all legal fees as between solicitor and client or otherwise on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings), howsoever caused by, arising or resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, their participation in the Promotion, acceptance or usage of any Discount/Reward, and/or any breach or purported breach of these terms and conditions and/or any applicable law.
- Prudential makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the merchants’ goods and services in respect of the Discount/Reward. Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the merchant. Merchant terms and conditions apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the terms and conditions contained herein and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, the terms and conditions contained herein shall prevail.
- Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Promotion, in particular the Discounts/Rewards, are the property of their respective owners. Prudential is not affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by, such owners and their relevant affiliates.
- Failure by Prudential to exercise any of its right or remedy under the terms and conditions contained herein does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The terms and conditions contained herein shall be governed by Singapore law and the Eligible Customers agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.