Terms and Conditions of Remix Your Future Giveaway (The “Contest”)
A. Contest Details
- “Prudential” means Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited.
- “Contest Qualifying Period” means the period between 19th August 2019 and 18th September 2019 (both dates inclusive).
- “Eligible Participants” means any persons aged 18 years and above as of 19th August 2019, except:
- Financial Consultants/representatives of Prudential, Suppliers of the Prize(s) and any other company professionally connected to the Contest;
- Any person who is or becomes insane, deceased, insolvent or the subject of a criminal investigation, or has criminal proceedings instituted against him/her in any jurisdiction; or
- Any other person or class of persons deemed ineligible or notified by Prudential as being ineligible from time to time.
- Contest Mechanisms
- First 1,000 participants who complete all fields of the contest data form will be considered successful in obtaining the giveaway prize between the contest qualifying period.
- Eligible Participants must satisfy the following criteria during the Contest Qualifying Period in order to win the Prize(s) (as defined in Clause 5):
Complete contest data form via the Remix Your Future webpage
Each eligible participant will be entitled to a maximum of one (1) reward.
- Conduct of Winners Selection
- The Winners Selection will be conducted at 7 Straits View, #06-01 Marina One East Tower, Singapore 018936 (or such another venue, date as may be determined at Prudential’s discretion.)
- The first one thousand (1,000) winners (each a “Winner”) will be determined based on the collection of completed responses, as indicated by the data timestamp indicated. The number of winners for each Contest Qualifying Period is set out in Clause 2(a).
- Each Winner will be eligible to win a prize (“Prize”). Prize for the Contest are as follows:
Draw Description of Prizes Number of winner(s) Remix Your Future Draw One-month Free Spotify Premium Code 1,000
- The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash, credit, goods or benefits in kind.
- All prizes will be awarded on an “as is” basis, and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed. Prudential does not guarantee nor bear liability regarding the quality, performance, technical specifications, conditions or safety of the prizes.
- The Prizes must be redeemed no later than 31st October 2019, unless stated otherwise. If a Winner fails to claim his/her Prize within the time frame, his/her Prize will be forfeited and the Winner shall not have any claim against Prudential for such forfeiture. Prudential reserves the right to deal with the unclaimed Prize(s) in its sole discretion including donating the same to a charity of Prudential’s choice, where applicable.
- Each Winner will be eligible to win a prize (“Prize”). Prize for the Contest are as follows:
- Prize Redemption/Collection
- The Winners of the Contest will be notified via SMSes and/or email ten (10) working days after the end of the Contest Qualifying Period.
- Prudential’s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in every situation including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants in the Contest, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding Prudential’s decision on the same. The receipt by any winner of any prize under this Contest is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
B. General Terms and Conditions for the Contest
- In case of any misconduct, fraud or abuse committed by an Eligible Participant, Prudential reserves the right to disqualify the Eligible Participant from the Contest. Prudential also reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Participant without having to enter into any correspondences on their decisions.
- If Prudential subsequently discovers or determines in its absolute discretion that an Eligible Participant is not entitled to or is disqualified to participate in the Contest or is unable to adhere to the terms and conditions in relation to this Contest, Prudential shall, at its sole discretion, decide on the following: (i) forfeit the prize; and/or (ii) re-claim the prize from the Winner and select another qualifying Eligible Participant.
- Prudential will endeavour to hold the Contest on and at the advertised date, time and venue and by the mode (manually or electronically) as advertised, but reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct the Contest by another mode in such circumstances as Prudential may deem appropriate.
- Acceptance of Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of Prudential by each Winner from any liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft, loss or death suffered by the Winner as a result of the redemption, use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use of enjoyment of the same.
- Prudential reserves the right to disclose and publish the name, and such other particulars (including photograph) of any Winner in such mode and manner as Prudential may in its sole discretion deem appropriate for publicity purposes and the Winner agrees to be photographed, the disclosure of his/her personal particulars, the use of his/her name, picture, image and voice for publicity purposes connected with the Contest and to co-operate with and participate in the activities organized by Prudential for this purpose without additional compensation.
- By participating in the Contest, i.e. by meeting the eligibility requirements, each Eligible Participant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other instructions, terms and conditions that Prudential may issue from time to time.
- Prudential assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected forms or email communication, for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic transmission which may limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
- Prudential has the sole and absolute discretion to exclude any Eligible Participants from participating in the Contest without any obligation to furnish notice and/or reason.
- Prudential reserves the right to disqualify or disregard any Eligible Participant who does not comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- Prudential may at its discretion forfeit the Prize, or, if already awarded, reclaim the Prize at the expense of the Winner without payment, compensation, or having to give any reason whatsoever in the event Prudential subsequently discovers that the Winner is not eligible to participate in the Contest and/or to receive the Prize.
- Prizes are subject to availability while stocks last. Prudential reserves the right to replace any Prize with items of similar value at any time without prior notice.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any loss of, damage to, defects, delay, mis-delivery or non-delivery of the Prize.
- Prudential reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner it deems fit. Prudential reserves the right to request for the Winners’ proof of eligibility, identity and/or otherwise for the purposes of verifying the Winner’s claim to the Prize(s) at the time of prize collection. Prudential is under no obligation whatsoever to disclose the identity of the Winners or to publish the same for any reason at any point of time.
- The Prizes are not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items of equivalent value. The validity period of the Prize is non-extendable. Prudential will be under no obligation to replace or pay to Winner the value of any Prize(s) that are not utilised by the Winners before the end of the validity period of the Prize(s) as may be stipulated by Prudential and/or relevant merchants.
- The Contest is not valid in conjunction with other promotions carried out by Prudential, unless stated otherwise.
- By participating in this Contest, each Eligible Participant agrees and consents under the Personal Data Protection Act (Cap 26 of 2012) to the collection, use and disclosure of any and all personal data of the Eligible Participant by/to Prudential, advertising and promotional agencies of the Contest, appointed vendor who manages the fulfillment and/or redemption of Prize(s), and such other third party, in Prudential’s absolute discretion, consider appropriate or necessary in connection with the Contest and redemption of Prize(s).
- If an Eligible Participant provides Prudential with personal data of any third party, that Eligible Participant hereby:
- Agrees on behalf of that third party to be bound by the Terms and Conditions contained herein; and
- Consents on behalf of that third party, to Prudential’s collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data in accordance with the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any third party’s misuse of the Eligible Participant‘s submitted information and photograph as a result of the Eligible Participant taking part in the Contest.
- Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes permission for Prudential, its advertising and promotional agencies to use any of the Eligible Participants’ names, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes. Each Eligible Participant further agrees and acknowledges that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the Eligible Participant taken or made in connection with the Contest shall vest solely and absolutely in Prudential without any compensation to the Eligible Participant.
- Prudential may at any time at its absolute discretion, without prior notice or assigning any reason thereof or being liable to any person, (i) suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest, or (ii) delete, vary, supplement, amend, modify any one or more of the terms and conditions of the Contest. Prudential’s determination of all matters in connection with the Contest and the Prize shall be final, binding and conclusive. Prudential is not obliged to give any reason or prior notice on any matter concerning the Contest or the Prize. No appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained. Prudential has the right and discretion to determine whether a party has met the requirements of the Contest and/or to receive the Prize. Eligible Participants shall not be entitled to any damages or compensation whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of such amendment, suspension or termination.
- By participating in the Contest, all Eligible Participants agree and undertake to, at all times, indemnify, keep indemnified, and hold Prudential, its employees and agents harmless against all losses (including direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential losses), damages (including general, special, and/or punitive damages), demands, injuries (other than personal injury caused by Prudential’s negligence), claims, costs, penalties, interest and fees (including all legal fees as between solicitor and client or otherwise on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings), howsoever caused by, arising or resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, their participation in the Contest, acceptance or usage of any Prize, and/or any breach or purported breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or any applicable law.
- Prudential makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the merchants’ goods and services in respect of the Prize(s). Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the merchant. Merchant terms and conditions apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the Contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Contest, in particular the Prize(s), are the property of their respective owners. Prudential is not affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by, such owners and their relevant affiliates.
- Failure by Prudential to exercise any of its right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Singapore law and the Eligible Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
Information is correct as at 19th August 2019.