Terms and Conditions of Introductory offer with DirectAsia Prudential Promotion (“Promotion”)
A. Promotion Details
- “Prudential” means Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited.
- “DirectAsia” means Direct Asia Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd..
- “Promotion Period” means the period between 19 March 2019 and 19 June 2019 (both dates inclusive).
- “Eligible Customer” means customers who are Singaporean/PR or hold valid Singapore Employment Pass (EP) with age 25 and above.
- “Gift” means gift vouchers amounting to S$30.
- An Eligible Customer is entitled to receive a Gift in accordance to the terms and conditions of this Promotion if the Eligible Customer completes a face to face survey with an authorised Prudential Financial Consultant during the Promotion Period. The survey will entail financial planning and recommendation of Prudential's products.
- Each Eligible Customer will be entitled to a maximum of one (1) Gift.
- Eligible Customer agrees and accepts that Prudential and DirectAsia will not be responsible for any consequences arising from his/her failure to provide Prudential and/or DirectAsia with a true, complete and accurate phone number or email address and/or notify DirectAsia and Prudential of any change(s) to his/her phone number and email address. Gift must be redeemed within 2 months from the receiving. Further details of the redemption procedures will be set out in the Redemption Notification.
B. General Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the Promotion, each Eligible Customer is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other instructions, terms and conditions that Prudential and DirectAsia may jointly issue from time to time.
- Prudential and DirectAsia assume no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected forms or email communication, for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic transmission which may limit an Eligible Customer’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
- Prudential and DirectAsia have the sole and absolute discretion to exclude any Eligible Customer from participating in the Promotion without any obligation to furnish notice and/or reason.
- Prudential and DirectAsia reserve the right to disqualify or disregard any Eligible Customer who does not comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- Prudential and DirectAsia may at their own discretion forfeit the Gift, or, if already awarded, reclaim the Gift at the expense of the Eligible Customer without payment, compensation, or having to give any reason whatsoever in the event Prudential subsequently discovers that the Eligible Customer is not eligible to participate in the Promotion and/or to receive the Gift.
In addition, Prudential and DirectAsia reserve the right to disqualify any Eligible Customer in the event that the Eligible Customer did not complete the survey.
- Gifts are subject to availability while stocks last. Prudential and DirectAsia reserve the right to replace any Gift with items of similar value at any time without prior notice.
- Prudential and DirectAsia shall not be liable for any loss of, damage to, defects, delay, mis-delivery or non-delivery of the Gift.
- Prudential and DirectAsia reserve the right to deal with any unclaimed Gift in any manner it deems fit. Prudential and DirectAsia reserve the right to request for the Eligible Customers’ proof of eligibility, identity and/or otherwise for the purposes of verifying the Eligible Customer’s claim to the Gift at the time of prize collection. Prudential and DirectAsia are under no obligation whatsoever to disclose the identity of the Eligible Customers or to publish the same for any reason at any point of time.
- The Gift is not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items of equivalent value. The validity period of the Gift is non-extendable. Prudential and DirectAsia will be under no obligation to replace or pay to Eligible Customers the value of any Gift that are not utilised by the Eligible Customers before the end of the validity period of the Gift as may be stipulated by Prudential, DirectAsia and/or relevant merchants.
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotions carried out by Prudential and/or DirectAsia.
- By participating in this Promotion, each Eligible Customer agrees and consents under the Personal Data Protection Act (Cap 26 of 2012) to the collection, use and disclosure of any and all personal data of the Eligible Customer by/to Prudential and DirectAsia, advertising and promotional agencies of the Promotion and such other third party, in Prudential’s and DirectAsia’s absolute discretion, consider appropriate or necessary in connection with the Promotion and redemption of Gift.
- If an Eligible Customer provides Prudential and DirectAsia with personal data of any third party, that Eligible Customer hereby:
- Agrees on behalf of that third party to be bound by the Terms and Conditions contained herein; and
- Consents on behalf of that third party, to Prudential’s and DirectAsia’s collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data in accordance with the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
- Prudential and DirectAsia shall not be liable for any third party’s misuse of the Eligible Customer’s submitted information and photograph as a result of the Eligible Customer taking part in the Promotion.
- Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Prudential and Direct Asia, their advertising and promotional agencies to use any of the Eligible Customer’s names, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes. Each Eligible Customer further agrees and acknowledges that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the Eligible Customer taken or made in connection with the Promotion shall vest solely and absolutely in Prudential and Direct Asia without any compensation to the Eligible Customer.
- Prudential and DirectAsia may at any time at their absolute discretion, without prior notice or assigning any reason thereof or being liable to any person, (i) suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion, or (ii) delete, vary, supplement, amend, modify any one or more of the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Prudential’s and DirectAsia’s determination of all matters in connection with the Promotion and the Gift shall be final, binding and conclusive. Prudential and DirectAsia are not obliged to give any reason or prior notice on any matter concerning the Promotion or the Gift. No appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained. Prudential and DirectAsia have the right and discretion to determine whether a party has met the requirements of the Promotion and/or to receive the Gift. Eligible Customers shall not be entitled to any damages or compensation whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of such amendment, suspension or termination.
- By participating in the Promotion, all Eligible Customers agree and undertake to, at all times, indemnify, keep indemnified, and hold Prudential, its employees and agents harmless against all losses (including direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential losses), damages (including general, special, and/or punitive damages), demands, injuries (other than personal injury caused by Prudential’s negligence), claims, costs, penalties, interest and fees (including all legal fees as between solicitor and client or otherwise on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings), howsoever caused by, arising or resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, their participation in the Promotion, acceptance or usage of any Gift, and/or any breach or purported breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or any applicable law.
- Prudential and DirectAsia make no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the merchants’ goods and services in respect of the Gift. Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the merchant. Merchant terms and conditions apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Promotion, in particular the Gift, are the property of their respective owners. Prudential and DirectAsia are not affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by, such owners and their relevant affiliates.
- Failure by Prudential and/or DirectAsia to exercise any of its right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Singapore law and the Eligible Customers agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
The insurance products and services that may be provided by the Prudential Financial Consultant during the face to face survey are provided and underwritten by Prudential (“Prudential Products”).
DirectAsia is an introducer and not a distributor of Prudential Products.
DirectAsia will refer interested parties to Prudential for the purpose of completing a face to face survey or for the purpose of purchasing Prudential Products.
DirectAsia cannot give advice or provide any recommendation on any Prudential Products or arrange any contract of insurance in respect of life policies, other than to the extent of carrying out introducing activities.
DirectAsia may receive a fee from any sale of Prudential Products through the introduction.
The information contained on this website is intended to be valid in Singapore only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Singapore.
Information is correct as at 19 March 2019.