1. Do I have to pay to use Pulse by Prudential?
Pulse by Prudential can be downloaded for free by all users on iOS and Android devices. The Healthcheck, Symptom Checker and fitness tracking services are free of charge to customers and non-customers alike. Certain in-app services, such as the Virtual Doctor Consultation, are chargeable.
2. Are my personal information and consultation details secure within Pulse by Prudential?
Your personal details and health data are kept confidential and secure. Prudential does not have access to any personal health information that you share with our partners for the Healthcheck, Symptom Checker, Virtual Doctor Consultation, Activity Tracker functionalities and payments.
3. Will my health information be shared with Prudential and have an impact on my premiums / underwriting for a new policy?
We respect the privacy of all users of Pulse by Prudential. The information derived from your use of the app does not constitute disclosure of information for an insurance policy contract between Prudential and you.
SERVICES – Babylon Health
4. How accurate is the medical information provided by the Symptom Checker?
The Symptom Checker is powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), which provides a medical triage and probability-based statements of possible conditions. The service has been created, reviewed and validated by doctors and computer scientists and has been shown to have accuracy comparable to human doctors in the UK. The service has also been customised for Singapore, including diseases specific to this region and involving Singapore-based physicians registered with the Singapore Medical Council who are involved in the localisation and testing process. It will be continuously monitored for accuracy as well as compliance with the relevant safety standards and regulatory requirements.Note: This is not a medical diagnosis or a replacement for seeing a doctor. Any health-related information provided should not be treated as medical advice. Please consult a physician for any medical advice required.
SERVICES – MyDoc
5. Can I select the doctor I want to consult? Can I choose the same doctor for subsequent consultations?
Doctors will be scheduled based on availability. If you wish to select the same doctor after the first consultation, you may make a request through the concierge service within 7 days after the first consultation.
6. Can I obtain a medical certificate (MC) through Pulse by Prudential once I have completed a Virtual Consultation?
Yes, you will be issued an electronic Medical Certificate (e-MC) following a consultation if it is medically warranted. However, an e-MC is only issued for outpatient medical leave and at the doctor’s discretion. Please note that the e-MC will be electronically signed.
An e-MC issued by any registered doctor is considered valid and will be recognised by employers.
7. I received an e-Prescription. What do I do next? How do I collect my medication?
Once you receive a digital copy of the prescription, the concierge will get in touch with you to coordinate the dispensing options. You can either have the medications delivered to you or pick up the prescribed medication at a Guardian pharmacy near you.
8. How much do I need to pay for the prescribed medication?
All medication prescribed is chargeable unless indicated otherwise. If you want to have the medication delivered to you, the concierge will inform you of the total cost involved which includes cost of the prescribed medication and the delivery fees. If If you wish to pick up the prescribed medication at a Guardian pharmacy, you can make payment there.
9. Do you offer repeat prescription services?
A repeat prescription may be issued, but only after the completion of a Virtual Doctor Consultation and at the discretion of the doctor.
10. How soon can I get an appointment?
You will be assigned a doctor typically between 15 minutes to 3 hours after you have made your booking. The standard duration of an appointment is 15 minutes.
11. Can my spouse or I book an appointment for my child under my name? Does my child need to be present during a consultation?
Parents should use their accounts to schedule consultations if their children are below the age of 18. The consultation will only proceed when the child is present and accompanied by the parent.
12. Will I receive a receipt?
You can go to the “View Reports” tab to retrieve a copy of your invoice after your video consultation.
SERVICES – Payment
13. How do I make payment for any in-app purchases?
VISA and Mastercard are accepted for in-app purchases.
14. My company has a Group Insurance policy with Prudential. Does it cover the cost of the Virtual Doctor consultations as well?
If your company’s Group Insurance policy with Prudential allows for reimbursement for telemedicine services or face-to-face GP consultation services at non-panel clinics, you may put in a claim for the Virtual Doctor consultation. If your company’s Group Insurance policy is with another insurer, please check with the relevant party.
15. Will Prudential’s medical policies cover the cost of telemedicine?
Our medical policies do not cover outpatient or consultations with general practitioners. As such, telemedicine services are not covered by PruShield. However, if you have a personal accident policy with Prudential, and in the event you sustain an injury that can be treated through a video consultation process, you may use the case note and letter from the doctor as supporting material when you submit your claim to us.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT - General
16. How do I enable / disable notifications?
Accessing your device settings for the Pulse by Prudential application would enable you to turn notifications on or off. We highly recommend that you turn on the notifications for Pulse by Prudential so you can enjoy the best of its capabilities.
17. The app crashes / freezes. What should I do?
Close the app and restart. If the problem persists, delete and re-install the app. Your data will remain intact. Should the problem persist, please send a query using the Feedback function or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Do I need to complete my profile on Pulse by Prudential if I am an existing Prudential customer?
Yes, you will have to complete your profile on Pulse by Prudential as your profile details will not be auto-populated.
19. Do I need an Internet connection to use Pulse by Prudential?
Yes, you will require a stable Internet connection to use Pulse by Prudential.
20. I would like to make a complaint. What should I do?
Please share any feedback or complaints through the in-app Feedback function. Alternatively, please call the Pulse by Prudential service hotline at (+65) 6714 3939 or email email@example.com we will respond within two working days.
21. I have lost my phone – is my health data protected?
To ensure your data remains secure, a password is required to access any feature / service/ information on Pulse by Prudential. It also has a timeout feature where the user will be logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
SERVICE-SPECIFIC – Activity Snapshot
22. I am having issues with the in-app activity tracker/ syncing my wearable with the app. What should I do?
Please ensure that the in-app activity tracker is synced with your Apple Health or Google Fit fitness app. If you are still experiencing problems, please restart or re-sync your activity tracker.
23. Why are the number of steps shown in Pulse by Prudential different from my tracking device?
Please note that it may take a few hours for the steps count to sync between your compatible tracker and Pulse by Prudential. If the problem persists for more than a day, please contact support via the in-app Feedback function. Alternatively, please call the Pulse by Prudential service hotline at +65 6714 3939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you within two working days.
SERVICE-SPECIFIC - Healthcheck
24. How accurate is the disease risk calculation?
Disease risk calculation is based on statistics using a risk scoring system. This risk scoring system uses population data taken from observational studies about diseases and associated risk factors to build a database. Healthcheck makes use of information entered to build a condition risk profile, and shows how each risk component (e.g. alcohol intake, smoking) could, statistically, influence the chances of different diseases developing.This disease risk calculation model has undergone testing as part of a large longitudinal population study.
SERVICE-SPECIFIC - Symptom Checker
25. How do I access my chat history?
On the ‘Health’ page, click on ‘Feeling Unwell’. You will be directed to the Symptom Checker. Click on ‘View Chat history’.
26. I was presented with no triage recommendations or outcomes. What do I do?
We apologise for the inconvenience caused. This could be due to a technical error or an inconclusive medical response. Should you encounter such issues, please send your feedback through the in-app feedback function.
SERVICE-SPECIFIC – Video Consultation
27. My prescription is not the same as what the doctor spoke about during the video consultation. What do I do?
You may retrieve a copy of your medical prescription in your file section under Consultation Summary. If you have any concerns with your prescription, please get in touch with us at email@example.com Alternatively, you may use the in-app feedback function.
28. I would like to share medical reports with my doctor during the Virtual Consultation. How do I do that?
You can share files (photographs, PDFs etc) with your doctor by uploading these files via the chat function, which is available before and after the Virtual Doctor Consultation.
29. How do I cancel an appointment? / I have cancelled my appointment. Will I still be charged?
You will not be able to cancel any appointments once they are made. All appointment-related costs are non-refundable.
30. I have a question about my medication? Whom do I ask?
A concierge service will be in touch with you right after the consultation to facilitate the medicine pick-up / delivery. You may raise questions through the concierge service for up to 7 days after the consultation.
Alternatively, please call the Pulse by Prudential service hotline at +65 6714 3939 or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org may also contact us through the in-app feedback function.
31. I was charged incorrectly. What do I do?
If there are any discrepancies with your billing / invoice, please contact us via the in-app Feedback function. Alternatively, please call the Pulse by Prudential service hotline at +65 6714 3939 or email email@example.com and we will respond to you within two working days
32. The Doctor cannot see me or hear me. What do I do?
Doctors will typically terminate calls which are of poor audio/video quality, and re-initiate the call with you. If there are still issues with the video consultation, please check your internet connectivity.
33. Where do I access documents relating to my video consultation?
You can retrieve all documents, including case notes, prescriptions, medical certificate, payment receipts and referral letters (where applicable) under the ‘Consultation Summary’ found on the Health landing page.
SERVICE-SPECIFIC – Payments
34. I am unable to add my credit card details. What do I do?
You are only able to add your credit card details if you intend to book a Virtual Consultation with MyDoc. If the page is not loading, please restart Pulse by Prudential and try again. If the issue persists, please call the Pulse by Prudential service hotline at +65 6714 3939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
35. I was in the midst of a credit card transaction when my app stopped functioning. What do I do? How do I know if my card has been charged?
If the transaction was charged to your card, you will receive a notification and a receipt. If there are any billing and/or invoice discrepancies, please use the in-app Feedback function. Alternatively, please call the Pulse by Prudential service hotline at +65 6714 3939 or email email@example.com.
36. What is my login ID?
Your login ID is your email address, which is used to register on Pulse by Prudential.
37. Can I change my login details? / My email address has changed. Can I change my login ID?
You cannot change your login ID. If your email address has changed, you will need to register for a new account using your new email address.
38. I cannot login to my account – what should I do?
Please ensure you have entered the correct login details. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link and follow the instructions to reset your password. Should the problem persist, please use the in-app Feedback function. Alternatively, please call the Pulse by Prudential service hotline at +65 6714 3939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
39. I did not receive my One-Time-Password (OTP)? What should I do?
For email OTPs, ensure that you have entered the correct e-mail address and check your spam folder. If you still have not received your OTP, click “Resend OTP”. Should the problem persist, please call the Pulse service hotline at +65 6714 3939 or email email@example.com.
40. How do I reset my password?
Click on the “Forgot Password?” link and follow the instructions to reset your password. Alternatively, go to Settings -> Account -> Change Password.
41. How do I update my profile within the app?
Click on the “Me” tab and then click on “Edit Profile”.
42. How do I change my profile picture or avatar?
Click on the “Me” tab then click on “Edit Profile” => Click on the circle above your name and select the option to upload or take a photo.
43. How do I delete my profile?
Please make a request through the in-app Feedback function or email firstname.lastname@example.org and further instructions will be sent to you.
44. What will the data collected from the Pulse App be used for during this test phase?
The data collected from this test phase will be used for the purpose of data analytics to enhance the app user experience.