COVID-19 SHN & VTL Coverage Rider to Group Hospital and Surgical (GHS) for Work Pass holders
Applicable to all Group Hospital & Surgical (GHS) policyholders of both packaged and customised plans, we offer medical insurance of up to $15,000 for inpatient medical expenses, if insured members are diagnosed with COVID-19 within the COVID-19 Coverage Period.
COVID-19 Coverage Period means:
1) For Insured Member who entered Singapore with Stay Home Notice requirement(s) –
the prevailing Stay Home Notice period prescribed by the relevant authority based on countries/regions upon arrival in Singapore, or within fourteen (14) days from the Cover Start Date, whichever is longer.
2) For Insured Member who entered Singapore via the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) –
within fourteen (14) days from the Cover Start Date.
Work Permit, Training Work Permit and S Pass, including in-principle approval (IPA) of these work passes:
Complimentary^ medical insurance of up to $15,000 for their inpatient medical expenses.
Employment Pass (EP) & Dependant Pass (DP) holders*, including in IPA of these passes
One-time premium of $45.00* per person (before 7% GST) for coverage up to $15,000 for their inpatient medical expenses.
*Except those who have travelled to United States of America or Europe within 30 days prior to their arrival in Singapore. For additional Covered Insured Members who have travelled to United States of America or Europe within 30 days prior to their arrival in Singapore, the premium payable for the additional COVID-19 Benefit shall be separately determined, upon request.
^The complimentary rider is available till 31 Dec 2022.
Note: We reserve the right to review and revise the COVID-19 Benefit at any time, in the event of any changes to COVID-19 requirements and advisories by the Singapore Government including any ministry, department, agency, statutory body, or organ of state. We may also at any time, terminate or vary the COVID-19 Benefit by providing you with at least fourteen (14) days’ prior written notice of our intention to do so
Entry via SHN:
- Insured Member is a holder of a valid Work Permit, Training Work Permit, S Pass, or a holder of of its corresponding IPA entering Singapore on or after 1 January 2021, or
- Insured Member is a valid EP, DP or a holder of its corresponding IPA entering Singapore with effect from 25 February 2021;
Entry via VTL:
- Insured Member is a holder of a valid Work Permit, Training Work Permit, S Pass, EP, DP or a holder of its corresponding IPA entering Singapore on or after 1 Mar 2022
All Work Pass & Dependant Pass holders:
- Insured Member is below the age of sixty (60) as of the date the Insured Member arrives in Singapore (the “Cover Start Date”);
- Their employer is a new or existing GHS policyholder (packaged or customised plan);
- Insured Member must be also insured under Prudential’s GHS policy
How to sign up?
HR to inform Prudential via the normal member update methods, at least 7 working days before they arrive in Singapore:
- Name (as per Work Pass or Dependant Pass)
- IPA/FIN number
- SHN/VTL Start date
- GHS Policy Start Date
- Signed quotation slip (for EP or DP only)
The information on this website is for reference only and is not a contract of insurance. Please refer to the exact terms, conditions, exclusions and specific details applicable to this insurance in the policy documents that can be obtained from a representative of either Prudential Singapore or your duly appointed distributor.
The information contained on this website is intended to be valid in Singapore only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Singapore.
You are recommended to seek advice from a representative of either Prudential Singapore or your duly appointed distributor before purchasing a policy suitable to meet your company's needs.
These policies are protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policies is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Information is correct as at 1 Mar 2022.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
For more information:
Please contact your Group Insurance Consultant or contact us at:
Prudential Assurance Company Singapore
Enterprise Business Solutions
Tel: 1800 835 9733