There is nothing purer and deeper than love for family. They are the ones who mean the most. That's why you want to protect them and ensure they are comfortable, no matter what. At Prudential, we understand that each family is special, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Hence, our solutions empower you with options to take care of your family's unique needs.
From 1 August to 30 September 2022, receive first-year discounts of up to 20.0% on selected health and protection plans. Plus, enjoy rewards worth up to 15.0% of first-year premiums for selected investment plans.
For more information, speak to your Prudential Financial Consultant or leave your contact details below.
Terms and Conditions of We Do Family II ("Promotion")
A. Promotion Details
- “Prudential” means Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited.
- “Promotion Period” means the period between 1 August and 30 September 2022 (both dates inclusive).
- “Eligible Customer” means policyholders whose proposal for any Eligible Insurance Plans that is purchased during promotion period is submitted to and incepted by Prudential during the Promotion Period having satisfied the eligibility criteria below.
- “Eligible Insurance Plans” means any of the products meeting the criteria as stated in the Promotion Table A, Promotion Table B and Promotion Table C below.
- “Discount” means the percentage discount given to the Eligible Customer as stated in the Promotion Table A below.
- “Gift” means the CircleDNA kit namely Vital DNA kit or Premium DNA kit which is given to Eligible Customer who meets the minimum annualised premium for Protection Plans in Promotion Table A.
- “Reward” means digital gift vouchers with amounts expressed as the percentage of first-year premium as stated in the Promotion Table B below redeemable from participating merchants such as Amazon Singapore, Apple App Store & iTunes, Dairy Farm, Deliveroo, Frasers Property, Grab, GrabFood, Lazada and NTUC FairPrice. Please note that these merchants are subject to change. The reward value is fixed as a % of first-year premium, rounded to the nearest tens.
- “Promotional Bonus Units” means a percentage of the annualised first-year premium for the basic policy that will be utilised to purchase additional units to be added to the Initial Investment Account of the Eligible Insurance Plan for the first policy year only as stated in the Promotion Table C below and will denote the same meaning as described under paragraph 6 and 7 below.
- “Simplified Issuance Offer” means an Eligible Customer with an existing non-Prudential Shield plan can sign up with just 3 underwriting questions instead of a full health questionnaire.
- “Promotion Table” means Promotion Table A, Promotion Table B and/or Promotion Table C below.
Promotion Table A:
Eligible Insurance Plans Minimum Annualised Premium3 (SGD) First-Year Premium (FYP) Discounts4 Additional FYP Discount for Ascend and Opus Customers Paying Annual Premium1,2 Simplified Issuance Offer* CircleDNA Kit Protection PRUActive Term
≤ 1,999 10.0% 10.0% Not applicable - ≥ 2,000 10.0% 10.0% Vital DNA Kit ≥ 3,000 10.0% 10.0% Premium DNA Kit Health PRUShield Premier Not
Applicable Not applicable PRUShield Premier
PRUExtra Premier CoPay,
PRUExtra Preferred CoPay, or
PRUExtra Premier Lite CoPay
PRUExtra Plus CoPay,
PRUExtra Plus Lite CoPay
Promotion Table B:
Eligible Insurance Plans Premium Payment Term Minimum Annualised Premium3 (SGD) Reward5
(Voucher value expressed
as a % of first-year premium)
Investments PRUVantage Assure
5 years ≥ 15,000 2.0% ≥ 25,000 4.0% 10 or 15 years ≥ 8,000 10.0% ≥ 15,000 12.5% ≥ 25,000 15.0%
Promotion Table C:
Eligible Insurance Plans Premium Payment Term Minimum Annualised Premium6 (SGD) Promotional Bonus Units7
(% of annualised first-year
premium for the basic policy)
Investments PRUVantage Wealth 5 years ≥ 78,000 3.0% 10 years ≥ 60,000 8.0% 15 years ≥ 54,000 10.0% 20 years ≥ 48,000 15.0% 25 years ≥ 36,000 15.0%
To be eligible for the Promotion, the Eligible Customer has to satisfy the following requirements during the Promotion Period in order to receive the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units (as defined in the Promotion Table A, Promotion Table B and Promotion Table C):
- The Eligible Customer’s proposal for an Eligible Insurance Plan that is purchased during promotion period is submitted to Prudential and incepted by Prudential during the Promotion Period.
- This Promotion is valid for all premium payment modes (monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and annually).
- Ascend and Opus by Prudential customers and their family will enjoy an additional 10% off first-year premium for any Eligible Insurance Plan submitted to and incepted by Prudential during the Promotion Period. To enjoy the discount, first-year premium of the Eligible Insurance Plan must be paid on an annual basis.
- To be eligible for Simplified Issuance Offer (“SIO”), the Eligible Customer must have an existing non-Prudential Integrated Shield/non-Integrated Shield plan(s) with no pre-existing conditions and have applied and submitted their applications electronically (including via POE, Prudential website, and the Pulse by Prudential app).
- An Eligible Customer is entitled to receive the Discount in accordance with the Promotion Table A above.
- The Discount in this Promotion shall be on a ‘per-policy’ basis (subject to the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion). There shall be no restrictions on the number of Discount transactions an Eligible Customer can enjoy.
- The Discount in this Promotion is not applicable should the Eligible Insurance Plans be cancelled within the fourteen (14) day free-look period. The premium amount refunded will be based on the premium amount paid by the Eligible Customer.
- If the Eligible Customer is a Singaporean or Permanent Resident of Singapore, PRUShield Premier, PRUShield Plus and PRUShield Standard Plan are available as an Integrated Shield Plan (“IP”) made up of MediShield Life provided by the Central Provident Fund Board and additional private insurance provided by Prudential. The Discount is applicable to Prudential’s portion of the IP premium only.
- An Eligible Customer may be entitled to receive the Gift applicable for purchase of eligible protection plans in accordance with the Promotion Table A above.
- Each Eligible Customer is entitled to a maximum of one (1) Gift per life assured per Eligible Insurance Plan.
- An Eligible Customer is entitled to receive the Reward in accordance with the Promotion Table B above.
- The Reward value is expressed as a percentage of the Eligible Insurance Plan’s first-year premium in accordance with the Promotion Table B above, with the value rounded to the nearest tens.
- Each Eligible Customer is entitled to a maximum of one (1) Reward per life assured per Eligible Insurance Plan.
Gift or Reward Redemption
- Prudential will issue a SMS or Email (“Redemption Notification”) to each Eligible Customer within three (3) months after the policy is incepted provided that the Eligible Customer’s Eligible Insurance Plans purchased during the Promotion Period are in force as at the date of the Redemption Notification.
- Eligible Customers shall be solely responsible for ensuring that they provide Prudential with a valid mobile phone number or email address for the purpose of redemption. The Eligible Customer agrees and accepts that Prudential will not be responsible for any consequences arising from his/her failure to provide Prudential with a true, complete, and accurate mobile phone number or email address and/or notify Prudential of any change(s) to his/her mobile phone number and email address.
- The Gift/Reward must be redeemed by the deadline stipulated in the Redemption Notification. If an Eligible Customer fails to claim his/her Gift/Reward within the stipulated redemption period in the Redemption Notification, his/her Gift/Reward will be forfeited, and the Eligible Customer shall not have any claim against Prudential for such forfeiture.
- Further details of the redemption procedures will be set out in the Redemption Notification.
Promotional Bonus Units
- An Eligible Customer is entitled to receive the Promotional Bonus Units in accordance with the Promotion Table C above.
- Promotional Bonus Units value is expressed as a percentage of the Eligible Insurance Plan’s annualised first-year premium for the basic policy, excluding any premiums paid for supplementary benefits or top-ups via the Investment Booster (Lump Sum), in accordance with the Promotion Table C above, rounded to the nearest tens.
- Promotional Bonus Unit Value will be converted into number of Promotional Bonus Units based on the initial fund selection(s)/premium direction and initial fund unit price(s) of Eligible Insurance Plan at policy inception date.
- If there is a subsequent request for fund switch/premium re-direction thereafter, the allocation of the Promotional Bonus Units will still be based on the initial premium direction of the Eligible Insurance Plan at the policy inception date.
- The Promotional Bonus Units shall be on a ‘per-policy’ basis (subject to the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion) and there shall be no restrictions on the number of Promotional Bonus Units transactions an Eligible Customer can enjoy.
- The Promotional Bonus Units will be credited to the Initial Investment Account within 7 working days after the policy inception so long as the policy is in force.
- Once credited, the Promotional Bonus Units under this Promotion will be added into the account value and will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Welcome Bonus of PRUVantage Wealth.
Promotional Bonus Units Allocation
The Promotional Bonus Units will be computed and automatically credited to the total units for the Eligible Plan. Eligible Customers will be notified via mail of the successful crediting of the Promotional Bonus Units to their fund holdings within 1 month of policy inception.
- By participating in the Promotion, each Eligible Customer is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions contained herein and any other instructions, terms and conditions that Prudential may issue from time to time.
- Prudential assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected forms or email communication, for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic transmission which may limit an Eligible Customer’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
- Prudential has the sole and absolute discretion to exclude any Eligible Customer from participating in the Promotion without any obligation to furnish notice and/or reason.
- Prudential reserves the right to disqualify or disregard any Eligible Customer who does not comply with the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
- Prudential may at its discretion forfeit the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units, or, if already awarded, reclaim the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units at the expense of the Eligible Customer without payment, compensation, or having to give any reason whatsoever in the event Prudential subsequently discovers that the Eligible Customer is not eligible to participate in the Promotion and/or to receive the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units.
- Rewards are subject to availability while stocks last. Prudential reserves the right to replace any Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units with items of similar value at any time without prior notice.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any loss of, damage to, defects, delay, mis-delivery or non-delivery of the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units.
- Prudential reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units in any manner it deems fit. Prudential reserves the right to request for the Eligible Customers’ proof of eligibility, identity and/or otherwise for the purposes of verifying the Eligible Customer’s claim to the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units at the time of Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units collection/allocation. Prudential is under no obligation whatsoever to disclose the identity of the Eligible Customers or to publish the same for any reason at any point of time.
- The Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units is not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items of equivalent value. The validity period of the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units is non-extendable. Prudential will be under no obligation to replace or pay to Eligible Customers the value of any Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units that are not utilised by the Eligible Customers before the end of the validity period of the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units as may be stipulated by Prudential and/or relevant merchants.
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotions carried out by Prudential.
- By participating in this Promotion, each Eligible Customer agrees and consents under the Personal Data Protection Act (Cap 26 of 2012) to the collection, use and disclosure of any and all personal data of the Eligible Customer by/to Prudential, advertising and promotional agencies of the Promotion and such other third party, in Prudential’s absolute discretion, consider appropriate or necessary in connection with the Promotion and redemption/allocation of Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units.
If an Eligible Customer provides Prudential with personal data of any third party, that Eligible Customer hereby:
- Agrees on behalf of that third party to be bound by the Terms and Conditions contained herein; and
- Consents on behalf of that third party, to Prudential’s collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data in accordance with the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
The Eligible Customer warrants that he/she has obtained the said third party’s prior consent to such collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data by Prudential and that the personal data that the Eligible Customer provides to Prudential is true, accurate and complete.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any third party’s misuse of the Eligible Customer’s submitted information and photograph as a result of the Eligible Customer taking part in the Promotion.
- Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Prudential, its advertising and promotional agencies to use any of the Eligible Customer’s names, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes. Each Eligible Customer further agrees and acknowledges that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the Eligible Customer taken or made in connection with the Promotion shall vest solely and absolutely in Prudential without any compensation to the Eligible Customer.
- Prudential may at any time at its absolute discretion, without prior notice or assigning any reason thereof or being liable to any person, (i) suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion, or (ii) delete, vary, supplement, amend, modify any one or more of the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Prudential’s determination of all matters in connection with the Promotion and the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units shall be final, binding and conclusive. Prudential is not obliged to give any reason or prior notice on any matter concerning the Promotion or the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units. No appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained. Prudential has the right and discretion to determine whether a party has met the requirements of the Promotion and/or to receive the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units. Eligible Customers shall not be entitled to any damages or compensation whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of such amendment, suspension or termination.
- By participating in the Promotion, all Eligible Customers agree and undertake to, at all times, indemnify, keep indemnified, and hold Prudential, its employees and agents harmless against all losses (including direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential losses), damages (including general, special, and/or punitive damages), demands, injuries (other than personal injury caused by Prudential’s negligence), claims, costs, penalties, interest and fees (including all legal fees as between solicitor and client or otherwise on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings), howsoever caused by, arising or resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, their participation in the Promotion, acceptance or usage of any Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units, and/or any breach or purported breach of these terms and conditions and/or any applicable law.
- Prudential makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the merchants’ goods and services in respect of the Gift(s). Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the merchant. Merchant terms and conditions apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions contained herein and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, the Terms and Conditions contained herein shall prevail.
- Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Promotion, in particular the Discount/Gift/Reward/Promotional Bonus Units, are the property of their respective owners. Prudential is not affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by, such owners and their relevant affiliates.
- Failure by Prudential to exercise any of its right or remedy under the Terms and Conditions contained herein does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The Terms and Conditions contained herein shall be governed by Singapore law and the Eligible Customers agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions.
B. General Terms and Conditions
*Simplified Issuance Offer is open to any customer with an existing non-Prudential Shield plan with no pre-existing conditions and have applied and submitted their applications electronically between 1 April 2022 and 30 September 2022. Customers can sign up by answering just 3 underwriting questions instead of the full health questionnaire.
1 All protection plans (PRUActive Term and PRUActive Protect) purchased by an Ascend or Opus customer and their family members2 will receive an additional 10.0% discount applicable for first-year premiums paid on an annual basis only and will be applied on the premium for the basic policy and supplementary benefit(s).
2 Family includes spouse, children, parents, siblings and grandchildren.
3 The Minimum Annualised Premium is defined as the total premium due in a year for the basic policy and supplementary benefit(s), where applicable. Excluding top-ups made via Investment Booster (Lump Sum), if any.
4 Discount is applicable for first-year premium paid and will be applied on the premium for the basic policy and supplementary benefit(s). For PRUShield, the discount is applicable to Prudential’s portion of the Integrated Shield Plan premium only and for new-to-PRUShield customers only.
5 Voucher value is based on the first-year premium that includes the premium for the basic policy and supplementary benefit(s). First-year premium is the total premium due from a policy in its maiden year, excluding Investment Booster (Lump Sum), if any. The vouchers value is fixed as a % of first-year premium, rounded to the nearest tens. For example, if a customer meets the minimum annualised premium criteria, qualifying for a 10.0% reward and paying a premium of SGD12,000 for a period of 10 years, he/she will receive SGD1,200 worth of vouchers.
6 The Minimum Annualised Premium in PRUVantage Wealth is defined as the total premiums paid in a year for the basic policy, excluding premiums paid for supplementary benefits or top-ups via the Investment Booster (LumpSum), if any.
7 Only awarded during promotion period, Promotional Bonus Units is in the form of additional units added to the Initial Investment Account and is calculated as a % of the annualised first-year premium for the basic policy only, excluding any premiums paid for supplementary benefits or top-ups via the Investment Booster (Lump Sum), if any.
You are recommended to read the product summary and seek advice from a qualified Prudential Financial Consultant for a financial analysis before purchasing a policy suitable to meet your needs.
As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid.
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. Premiums for some of the products are not guaranteed and may be adjusted based on future claims experience. Prudential reserves the right to vary premiums at any time by giving 30 days’ written notice to the policyowner before doing so. Premium rates will be based on age next birthday (for first premium) on cover start date and each policy anniversary date (for renewable premium).
Before replacing an existing accident and health policy with a new one, you should consider whether the switch is detrimental, as there may be potential disadvantages with switching and the new policy may cost more or have fewer benefits at the same cost.
As PRUActive Term and PRUActive Protect have no savings or investment feature, there is no cash value if the policy ends or if the policy is terminated prematurely.
PRUShield is an annual renewable non-participating plan and its nature is different from life or endowment products as it has no surrender value. PRUExtra premiums cannot be paid by Medisave. Prudential guarantees lifetime coverage for PRUShield andPRUExtra inforce policies. We reserve the right to vary the policy beneﬁts, features, conditions, and/or name at any time by giving 30 days’ written notice to the policyowner before doing so.
PRUVantage Assure, PRUVantage RetireCare and PRUVantage Wealth are Investment-Linked Plans (ILP) which invest in ILP sub-fund(s). Investment products are subject to investment risks including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. The performance of the ILP sub-fund(s) is not guaranteed and the value of the units and the income accruing to the units (if any) may fall or rise. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance.
A product summary and product highlights sheet(s) relating to the ILP sub-fund(s) are available and may be obtained from your Prudential Financial Consultant. A potential investor should read the product summary and product highlights sheet(s) before deciding whether to subscribe for units in the ILP sub-fund(s).
The information contained herein is for reference only and is not a contract of insurance. Please refer to the exact terms and conditions, specific details and exclusions applicable to these insurance products in the policy documents that can be obtained from your Prudential Financial Consultant.
The information contained herein is for distribution in Singapore only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Singapore.
These policies are protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
The information presented cannot be reproduced, amended or circulated in whole or in part to any other person without our prior written consent.
Information is correct as of 1 August 2022.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.