Terms and Conditions of “175th Anniversary Giveaway”
A. Contest Details
- “Prudential” means Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited.
- “Promotion” means 175th Anniversary Giveaway organised by Prudential.
- “Participant” means any Prudential customer with at least 1 in-force policy who fulfils the following criteria:
- an individual of age 18 years or older
- reside in Singapore as of the date of entry into the Promotion; and
- logs in to PRUaccess using customer’s personal Singpass or User ID and Password during the contest period from August 2023 to December 2023.
- “Gift” means a SGD 10.00 gift e-voucher, which is issued and managed by Prudential’s appointed reward fulfilment vendor (“Vendor”).
- “Winner” means a Participant who meets the eligibility criteria under clause 2 below and is any 175th participant who will receive a $10 voucher, capped at 500 winners each month, for a total of 5 months, from August 2023 to December 2023.
In order to be eligible for the 175th Anniversary Giveaway Promotion, the Participant has to satisfy the following during the period contest period (August 2023 to December 2023) in order to stand a chance to win the Gift(s) (as defined above), provided always that the Participant satisfy all the qualifying criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions:
- Logs in to PRUaccess during the contest period from August 2023 to December 2023.
- Have their updated email address and mobile number in PRUaccess.
- Reside in Singapore as of the date of entry to ensure that they are able to retrieve their voucher.
No purchase or payment is required to participate in this Promotion.
Every 175th customer that logs in to PRUaccess will receive a $10 voucher capped to a maximum of 500 customers a month. Each unique participant will be entitled to a maximum of one (1) Gift during this promotion period.
After the Promotion Period, Prudential will contact the Winners directly via email. Winners are personally responsible for ensuring that their particulars and contact details, such as email address and mobile number, are updated and accurate on PRUaccess.
- The Gift is non-transferable and not exchangeable for cash, credit or in kind. Prudential reserves the right to substitute the Gift at its discretion with other forms of gifts/rewards of equivalent value with prior notice. The selected Winners who have been notified and contacted are deemed final.
- The Gift is exclusive of all charges that may be incurred by the Winner (if any), such as taxes, levies, fees and are subject to any other terms and conditions as may be imposed by Prudential from time to time.
- Prudential’s decision in all matters concerning this Promotion shall be final, and no appeals and/or disputes shall be entertained.
- Prudential reserves the right to use additional methods to announce the Winners of this Promotion in any of Prudential's websites, social media sites, newspapers and/or in its promotional materials, without further notice to you.
- Prudential shall not be held responsible or liable for any late, misdirected or lost communication, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Winners.
- Where any Gifts have been forfeited due to the Winners being ineligible, disqualified and/or not having claimed their Gifts, Prudential may, at its sole discretion, award the forfeited Gifts to other eligible Participant(s) from the remaining eligible entries. In such an instance, the other eligible Participants shall be selected using a method to be determined by Prudential at its sole discretion.
- Winners agree for Prudential to forward their personal contact details to the Vendor for Gift fulfilment.
- The Vendor will contact the Winners directly and officially for Gift fulfilment.
- Prudential expressly disclaims any and all liabilities arising from any lost, damaged or unsuccessful transmission of the Gift.
- Prudential does not provide any warranty on the quality or services in relation to any Gift. In this regard, Prudential is not liable for any loss, damages or harm (whether physically or mentally) that the Winner may suffer arising from the usage of any Gift.
- Prudential reserves the right to request written proof of the identity of the Winners at such time the Gift is collected. Prudential shall also have the right to require the Winners to execute a deed of release and indemnity in a form prescribed by Prudential in order to receive the Gift.
B. General Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the Promotion, each Participant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other instructions, terms and conditions that Prudential may issue from time to time.
- Prudential assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected forms or email communication, for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic transmission which may limit a Participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
- Prudential will endeavour to hold the Promotion on and at the advertised date, time and venue and by the mode (manually or electronically) as advertised, but reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct the Promotion by another mode in such circumstances as Prudential may deem appropriate.
- Prudential has the sole and absolute discretion to exclude any Participants from participating in the Promotion without any obligation to furnish notice and/or reason.
- Prudential reserves the right to disqualify or disregard any Participant who does not comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- Prudential may at its discretion forfeit the Gift, or, if already awarded, reclaim the Gift at the expense of the Winner without payment, compensation, or having to give any reason whatsoever in the event Prudential subsequently discovers that the Winner is not eligible to participate in the Promotion and/or to receive the Gift.
- Gifts are subject to availability while stocks last. Prudential reserves the right to replace any Gift with items of similar value at any time without prior notice.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any loss of, damage to, defects, delay, mis-delivery or non-delivery of the Gift.
- Prudential reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Gift in any manner it deems fit. Prudential reserves the right to request for the Winners’ proof of eligibility, identity and/or otherwise for the purposes of verifying the Winner’s claim to the Gift at the time of prize collection. Prudential is under no obligation whatsoever to disclose the identity of the Winners or to publish the same for any reason at any point of time.
- The Gift is not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items of equivalent value. The validity period of the Gift is non-extendable. Prudential will be under no obligation to replace or pay to Winner the value of any Gift that are not utilised by the Winners before the end of the validity period of the Gift as may be stipulated by Prudential and/or relevant merchants.
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotions carried out by Prudential.
- By participating in this Promotion, each Participant agrees and consents under the Personal Data Protection Act (Cap 26 of 2012) to the collection, use and disclosure of any and all personal data of the Participant by/to Prudential, advertising and promotional agencies of the Promotion and such other third party, in Prudential’s absolute discretion, consider appropriate or necessary in connection with the Promotion and redemption of Gift.
If a Participant provides Prudential with personal data of any third party, that Participant hereby:
- Agrees on behalf of that third party to be bound by the Terms and Conditions contained herein; and
- Consents on behalf of that third party, to Prudential’s collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data in accordance with the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
The Participant warrants that he/she has obtained the said third party’s prior consent to such collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data by Prudential and that the personal data that the Participant provides to Prudential is true, accurate and complete.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any third party’s misuse of the Participant’s submitted information and photograph as a result of the Participant taking part in the Promotion.
- Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Prudential, its advertising and promotional agencies to use any of the Participant’s names, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes. Each Participant further agrees and acknowledges that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the Participant taken or made in connection with the Promotion shall vest solely and absolutely in Prudential without any compensation to the Participant.
- Prudential may at any time at its absolute discretion, without prior notice or assigning any reason thereof or being liable to any person, (i) suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion, or (ii) delete, vary, supplement, amend, modify any one or more of the terms and conditions of the Promotion. Prudential’s determination of all matters in connection with the Promotion and the Gift shall be final, binding and conclusive. Prudential is not obliged to give any reason or prior notice on any matter concerning the Promotion or the Gift. No appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained. Prudential has the right and discretion to determine whether a party has met the requirements of the Promotion and/or to receive the Gift. Participants shall not be entitled to any damages or compensation whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of such amendment, suspension or termination.
- By participating in the Promotion, all Participants agree and undertake to, at all times, indemnify, keep indemnified, and hold Prudential, its employees and agents harmless against all losses (including direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential losses), damages (including general, special, and/or punitive damages), demands, injuries (other than personal injury caused by Prudential’s negligence), claims, costs, penalties, interest and fees (including all legal fees as between solicitor and client or otherwise on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings), howsoever caused by, arising or resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, their participation in the Promotion, acceptance or usage of any Gift, and/or any breach or purported breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or any applicable law.
- Prudential makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the merchants’ goods and services in respect of the Gift. Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the merchant. Merchant terms and conditions apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Promotion, in particular the Gift, are the property of their respective owners. Prudential is not affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by, such owners and their relevant affiliates.
- Failure by Prudential to exercise any of its right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Singapore law and the Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.