Prudential launches digital health app, Pulse by Prudential, to make healthcare more accessible and affordable to everyone amid COVID-19 spread
All registered Pulse by Prudential users can enjoy the following benefits:
- 24/7 Video consultation with a doctor at a flat fee of S$15
- S$100/S$200 daily allowance if hospitalised for COVID-19 (under Prudential’s S$1.5 million PRUcare package)
SINGAPORE, 27 April 2020 – Prudential Singapore (“Prudential”) has launched an artificial intelligence (AI)-powered mobile app, Pulse by Prudential (“Pulse”), to provide all Singapore residents with round-the-clock access to healthcare services and real-time health information. With Pulse, users can check their symptoms; conduct a digital health assessment to better understand future disease risks; and seek timely health advice, at any time and from anywhere.
Prudential Singapore’s CEO Dennis Tan said the spread of COVID-19 has created a greater sense of awareness and urgency to check symptoms experienced when we are unwell, and to take better care of our health and well-being.
“We have been working closely with HealthTechs and local doctors to develop Pulse. The launch of the app in Singapore is timely in light of the COVID-19 spread and the nation’s circuit breaker measures. With Pulse, one can have real-time health information at their fingertips and ready access to a doctor without having to leave their homes.
“To provide further peace of mind, we are providing a daily allowance to Pulse users in the event that they are hospitalised for COVID-19. We hope this support measure will provide some relief and comfort to Singapore residents during this challenging period,” said Mr Tan.
Launched on 23 April 2020, Pulse is available to everyone in Singapore. Singapore residents aged 18 and above can enjoy the following benefits without having to pay any subscription fee when they download Pulse and register their profiles:
1. 24/7 Video Consultation with a Doctor at S$15
Pulse users pay a flat fee of S$15 when they consult a doctor. The fee does not include cost of medication and delivery. The panel of Singapore-licensed general practitioners (GPs) are registered with the Singapore Medical Council. They have also been trained to assess if an individual is suspected to have COVID-19.
2. S$100/S$200 daily hospitalisation allowance under the S$1.5 million PRUcare package
Prudential is offering the following hospitalisation benefit under its PRUcare package to all registered Pulse users who are hospitalised for COVID-19:
- S$100 daily allowance (for up to 3 months of hospitalisation) for non-Prudential customers hospitalised between date of app (Pulse) registration and 31 May 2020.
- One-month extension of S$200 daily allowance (for up to 3 months of hospitalisation) from 1 July to 31 July 2020 for Prudential customers. This includes employees of its corporate and SME customers who are covered by its Group Insurance.
Since the launch of the PRUcare package on 19 February 2020, Prudential has paid out more than S$800,000 in cash benefits to those impacted by COVID-19.
Empowering people to take charge of their health and well-being with HealthTechs
Pulse is part of Prudential’s region-wide strategy to make healthcare affordable and accessible to all individuals and families.
The digital health app, designed to empower people to take charge of their health and well-being, will continue to evolve with more value-added services slated for launch in the second half of the year.
The following in-app health and wellness features are available to all users in the first phase of the app’s launch in Singapore. The Symptom Checker and Healthcheck are not intended for detection or diagnosis of diseases.
- AI-powered Symptom Checker* - The AI-powered chatbot provides users with insights into possible health conditions based on the symptoms experienced. At the end of the chatbot conversation, users are guided to an appropriate triage outcome (e.g. ‘Self Care’, ‘Pharmacy’, ’GP’, ‘GP urgent’, ‘Hospital’ or ‘Hospital urgent’) and provided further information about possible causes where available. This tool has been recently updated to provide alerts on specific symptoms and conditions that could be related to COVID-19. Users are also advised to follow the recommendations provided by local health authorities as the COVID-19 situation can evolve rapidly.
- AI-driven Healthcheck* - This is a lifestyle assessment and disease risk prediction tool. By doing a 15-minute digital questionnaire, users can get a report in real-time on their overall health status and long-term disease risks based on their lifestyle habits, medical history, family’s medical history, diet and mental health. The report is presented through a “Digital Twin” and includes health advice to help one reduce disease risks and improve overall well-being.
- Video Consultation with a Doctor - Users can schedule a video consultation with a GP at any time of the day. The GPs are available 24/7 and will diagnose and advise on the appropriate treatment(s), whenever applicable. Users can opt for delivery of their prescribed medicine or collect it at a local Guardian pharmacy.
“Prudential has always believed in encouraging people to live well for longer. By leveraging health technology, we want to partner everyone in their health journey to prevent, postpone and protect against the onset of diseases which are often linked to lifestyle choices,” added Mr Tan.
Today, about two in five Singaporeans aged 60 and above have been diagnosed with three or more chronic diseases. The adoption of preventative healthcare from young is key in ageing well, according to healthcare practitioners surveyed for Prudential’s 2019 Healthy for 100 research.
“While we all know the importance of eating well and exercising right, many of us tend not to take care of our diet and fitness until it is too late. We hope the Healthcheck function on Pulse can nudge people into being more proactive about preventative healthcare by making them aware of their potential disease risks and lifestyle gaps,” said Mr Tan.
Pulse is being rolled out to 11 markets under Prudential’s network across Asia, including Singapore.
* Symptom Checker and Healthcheck are not intended for detection or diagnosis of diseases. In addition, both Symptom Checker and Healthcheck are not suitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 18 years, and users with long-term medical conditions or disabilities who may have different needs and risks. Symptom Checker should never be used in a medical emergency, and users should contact their local emergency services instead.
 The rate may change from time to time
 Prudential commits $1.5 million to help SMEs and individuals affected by COVID-19 (19 February 2020) - click here
 Please refer to the terms and conditions (T&Cs) - click here
 Admission to hospitals in Singapore
 Non-Prudential customers who are Singapore citizens and permanent residents
 Prudential customers who are Singapore residents with a valid NRIC/FIN
 Transitions in Health, Employment, Social Engagement and Inter-generational Transfers in Singapore Study (THE SIGNS Study) – I - click here
 Prudential’s Healthy for 100 Research media release – click here
- The End -
Notes to the editor:
- For more information on Pulse by Prudential, please click here
Pulse by Prudential can be downloaded from the App Store (iOS users) and Play Store (Android users).
How to download Pulse by Prudential:
Eligibility for Video Consultation with a Doctor at $15:
- Singapore residents with a valid NRIC / FIN;
- 18 years old and above; and
- Have a medical condition which the doctors are allowed to provide video consultation services for.
- Prudential’s PRUcare package – for more information, please click here.
About Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Ltd (Prudential Singapore)
Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Ltd is one of the top life insurance companies in Singapore, serving the financial and protection needs of the country’s citizens for 89 years. The company has an AA- Financial Strength Rating from leading credit rating agency Standard & Poor’s, with S$43.1 billion funds under management as at 31 December 2019. It delivers a suite of well-rounded product offerings in Protection, Savings and Investment through multiple distribution channels including a network of more than 5,000 financial consultants.