PRUPanel Connect Terms & Conditions
- Facilitation of appointment bookings at participating PRUPanel Connect Hospitals and specialists is not to be construed as admissibility of a claim, if any. Claims will be subject to an assessment as per the terms and conditions of the PRUShield policy contract.
- Appointment to see a specialist at a Restructured Hospital can only be booked as a private patient and the customer will not be eligible for any subsidised treatment even if they have a referral from a government polyclinic.
- Facilitation of appointment bookings is on a best effort basis. If your selected specialist is unavailable, an appointment may only be possible with an alternative specialist in the same specialty. You have the option to choose an alternative specialist or the hospital may propose an alternative specialist from the same specialty whom you may choose to accept or decline.
- Only selected specialists participate in the PRUPanel Connect Programme. Employment of a specialist at a participating partner hospital does not automatically include the specialist as part of our PRUPanel Connect Programme.
- We confirm that the PRUPanel Connect Hospitals and/or their specialists’ participation on this website is not in any way offered, promised or made as an incentive or reward for any past, present or future willingness to prescribe, pay for, reimburse, authorise, approve, supply or use any products or services sold or provided by Prudential, or to obtain or retain business, or to gain any other business advantage for Prudential. There is no preferential/special treatment and/or adjustment to the standard rates/rates set by Prudential from time to time hereunder due to the presence of or absence of any recommendations of Prudential’s products to the PRUPanel Connect Hospitals’ patients by the PRUPanel Connect Hospitals and/or their specialists.
- If your policy is a CoPay policy, you will need to bear the co-payment portion of your bill while the balance will be cashless.
- The enhanced Letter of Guarantee (eLOG) is only applicable to policyholders who are eligible to eLOG. For more information on eLOG and eLOG eligibility, you may refer to https://www.prudential.com.sg/services/claims/prushield-electronic-letter-of-guarantee-elog
- To enjoy PRUPanel Connect benefits, PRUShield claims for eligible PRUShield policyholders must be e-filed from participating PRUPanel Connect healthcare institutions. The list of partner healthcare institutions can be found at www.prudential.com.sg/ppc.
- The list of participating PRUPanel Connect Hospitals and specialists are subject to change. You may refer to www.prudential.com.sg/ppc-specialists for the updated list.
- Cashless pre and post hospitalization benefits are only available at Raffles Hospital and applicable for policyholders who are entitled to eLOG facility under the PRUPanel Connect programme.
- Pre-hospitalisation cashless benefits at Raffles Hospital are available only if the policyholder is admitted for day surgery or as an inpatient within the next 14 calendar days after the initial appointment with the selected specialist. Cost for consultations/ procedures done in clinic without subsequent day surgery or inpatient treatments will need to be borne by the policyholder.
- Post-hospitalization cashless benefits at Raffles Hospital apply to dressings, consultations, physiotherapy performed at a PRUPanel Connect Hospital or Specialist clinic and diagnostic and laboratory tests services and medicines consumed within 365 days following the discharge from hospital or day surgery for the same Injury or illness as the hospitalisation claim.
- A complimentary transport voucher/ hospital parking coupon is issued once for each event of day surgery or inpatient admission at our participating PRUPanel Connect private hospitals/ day surgery centres. This benefit does not apply for pregnancy and childbirth related hospitalisations, except for day surgery or inpatient admission due to complications covered under the PRUShield “Pregnancy Complications benefit”.
- The transport voucher will be sent via SMS to eligible policyholders.
- The hospital parking coupon can only be collected in person at Raffles Hospital or Mt. Alvernia Hospital PRUConcierge desk during operating hours.
- Complimentary Hospital parking coupon is valid for a single exit, within 24 hours from the time of entry. Carpark charges in excess of the 24 hours will have to be borne by the policyholder.
- There will be no reissuance due to loss of complimentary taxi vouchers/ hospital parking coupons.
- You may opt only for either a transport voucher OR a complimentary hospital parking coupon per hospitalisation.
- Discount vouchers issued by Raffles Hospital and Mount Alvernia Hospital are subject to the terms and conditions set out by the individual hospitals and Prudential bears no responsibility for services associated with the discount vouchers issued by the respective hospitals.
- The duly completed Pre-authorisation form (by the attending doctor) and Patient Consent form are mandatory submission documents.
- Pre-authorisation is available for all PRUShield plans, including foreigner Shield plans (Note: Submission of the eligible valid pass/visa is required).
- Pre-authorisation service is available for admissions to private hospitals, day surgery centres and clinics for non-emergency hospitalisation or day surgery only.
- Pre-authorisation is not available for outpatient medical treatments and overseas admissions.
- The facilitation of Pre-authorisation request to Prudential should be initiated by the hospital or specialist treatment centre (Accredited by MediShield Life only) for and on behalf of the policyholder.
- The approval of Pre-authorisation request is subject to Prudential’s assessment and based on terms and conditions of the prevailing policy document.
- Pre-authorisation is mandatory for hospitalisations under Extended Panel (EP) benefits, at all MediShield Life-accredited treatment centres (i.e. with eFiling facility).
- Adherence to fee schedules and benchmarks is mandatory for consideration of Pre-authorisation.
- The claim will not be considered for any Extended Panel benefits in the event the final hospital bill exceeds the amount approved in the Pre-authorisation Certificate.
- If medical information provided in the actual claim received deviates from the information provided at the time of Pre-authorisation, the Pre-authorisation Certificate may be deemed as invalid.
- Pre-authorisation does not supersede any prevailing contractual provisions, for eg. pro-ration factor, deductible and/or co-insurance, or any applicable benefit limits.
- Pre-authorisation requests should be submitted to Prudential at least five (5) working days but no more than six (6) weeks prior to the planned admission/ day surgery.
- The turnaround time for Pre-authorisation decision is three (3) working days from the date of receipt of the complete set of required forms and information.
- Pre-authorisation approval shall not be construed as waiver of deposit and/or upfront payment, which may be requested by the individual medical institution based on their standard operating process.
- Prudential may at any time at its absolute discretion, without prior notice, vary, supplement, amend, modify any of these terms and conditions.
- Failure by Prudential to exercise any of its rights or remedies under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by Singapore law.