We understand you want to grow your savings, surely and securely.
In this environment of rising costs and inflationary pressures, wouldn’t it be ideal if your savings continue to earn healthy returns and counter the impact of inflation in the long term?
With PRUwealth (USD), you can do just that. PRUwealth (USD) is an insurance savings plan that allows you to diversify your savings denominated in US dollars. It also ensures that your capital remains intact in the long term after the 20th year1, while giving you potentially higher returns. This allows you to see real growth in your PRUwealth (USD) plan without having to worry about market volatility.
Moreover, with the Joint Ownership option, your policy continues2 and your savings will grow uninterrupted should the unforeseen happen to you or your spouse.
After the 20th year1
5 or 10 years
Joint Ownership & Secondary Life Assured4 options for policy continuity
No medical underwriting5
Up to 100 Age Next Birthday
Minimum Face Value:
Minimum Annual Premium:
Face Value6 plus bonuses (if any). less any amounts owing to us
The higher of:
less any amounts owing to us.
^this would be the amount paid out when the bonus was surrendered
|Total & Permanent Disability Benefit||
|Critical Illness Benefit||
|Accidental Death Benefit||
|Enhance Your Coverage||
Crisis Waiver (USD) and Payer Security (USD).
How PRUwealth (USD) works:
Mr Tan (male, non-smoker), age 40 next birthday, wants to start a long-term insurance savings plan by setting aside US$100,000 per year for 5 years7, and also wants to have the option of withdrawing8 some portion of his money whenever there is a need.
How PRUwealth (USD) works if Mr Tan plans to save on a long-term basis
Mr Tan chooses to accumulate his savings without making any withdrawals, so he could have more when he decides to surrender his policy at a later age. He will get US$1,738,953* (more than 3X of his premiums paid) at age 70, US$2,234,578* (more than 4X of his premiums paid) at age 75, or US$3,575,778* (more than 7X of his premiums paid) at age 85 when he chooses to surrender the plan.
How PRUwealth (USD) works if Mr Tan plans to withdraw from his policy
At age 62, Mr Tan plans to withdraw US$500,000 to celebrate the start of his retirement by taking up a dream hobby. At age 70, he decides to withdraw another US$300,000 as a gift for his newborn grandson. He then decides to surrender his policy at age 85 so that he could pass his savings to his loved ones, and his surrender value for his policy will be US$1,485,630*.
*The illustrated values use bonus rates assuming an illustrated investment rate of return of 5.50% per annum. At 4.00% per annum illustrated investment rate of return for Scenario 1, should he choose to surrender his policy at age 70, 75 and 85, the surrender values are US$1,153,860, US$1,377,655 and US$1,954,869 respectively. Whereas for Scenario 2, at 4.00% per annum illustrated investment rate of return, Mr Tan will receive US$368,522 at age 85. As bonus rates are not guaranteed, the actual benefits payable will vary according to the future performance of the participating fund.
PRUwealth (USD) can be purchased on a single owner or joint owners basis. With the Joint Ownership feature, you can own a PRUwealth (USD) policy with your spouse to ensure that there is continued access to the policy. In the event that one of the joint owners pass on, the surviving spouse will become the sole owner of the PRUwealth (USD) policy.
- This is provided there has not been any policy alteration such as partial surrender since inception.
- The policy continues for as long as the life assured lives and policy remains in force.
- Policy matures on the policy anniversary before original primary life assured turns 100 years old.
- Appointment of secondary life assured is restricted to the policy owner’s immediate family members and is subject to acceptance by Prudential.
- Medical check-ups or answering health-related questions may be required if the primary life assured or policy owner(s) add(s) an optional supplementary benefit; or if the total premiums for selected plans per life assured issued in the past 24 months exceeds S$5 million (or equivalent). Selected plans will be reviewed and determined by Prudential from time to time.
- The Face Value is not the sum assured of your policy. The Face Value is a notional value used to determine the Revisionary Bonus and the Maturity Benefit.
- Premium quoted is on an annual basis for a non-smoking male, age 40 next birthday, with a Face Value of US$595,238.
- Any withdrawal from a PRUwealth policy is a partial surrender and must be requested by the customer. A withdrawal will result in a reduction in the long-term value of the policy. If the policy is surrendered, the surrender value payable (if any) may be less than the total premiums paid.
- Any surrender or partial surrender will result in a reduction in the long term value of your policy and must be requested by the customer. If you surrender the policy, the surrender value payable (if any) may be less than the total premiums paid.
You are recommended to read the product summary and seek advice from a qualified Prudential Financial Consultant for a financial analysis before purchasing a policy suitable to meet your needs.
As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid.
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. Premiums for some of the supplementary benefits are not guaranteed and may be adjusted based on future claims experience. Premiums payable and benefits paid out will be in US dollars and you may be subject to foreign exchange risk.
The information on this website is for reference only and is not a contract of insurance. Please refer to the exact terms and conditions, specific details and exclusions applicable to these insurance products in the policy documents that can be obtained from your Prudential Financial Consultant.The information contained on this website is intended to be valid in Singapore only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Singapore.
In case of discrepancy between the English and Mandarin versions of this brochure, the English version shall prevail.
Information is correct as at 10 December 2018.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.