1. What is Pulse and do I have to pay to use Pulse?
Pulse is a subscription free app that can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices. The Healthcheck (which includes a “health assessment” questionnaire, and a 3D “Digital Twin”) and Symptom Checker services are not chargeable. However, charges may apply for certain in-app services, such as the Video Consultation with a Doctor.
2. How do I register for Pulse?
Anyone can register for Pulse and you do not need to be a Prudential customer to use Pulse. Just download the app and register using your Google Login, Facebook Login, Apple Login (if you are an iPhone user) or with your email address.
3. What features does Pulse have?
Pulse app is packed with multiple features such as health related blogs and articles, a Symptom Checker tool and Healthcheck tool, Video Consultation with a Doctor, a BMI Recorder and a Wrinkle Mirror. You can also link it to your favourite fitness apps such as Fit Bit or Apple Health to track your fitness. You can also view any policies purchased through the Pulse app on the My Policy page.
1. What is my login ID?
Your login ID is your email address, which is used to register on Pulse.
2. Can I change my login details? / My email address has changed. Can I change my login ID?
You cannot change your login ID. If your email address has changed, you will need to register for a new account using your new email address.
3. I cannot login to my account – what should I do?
Please ensure you have entered the correct login details. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link and follow the instructions to reset your password. Should the problem persist, please use the in-app Feedback function. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Why must I choose a new password?
If you see a message in orange font that says “Your Pulse experience is being upgraded…” this is because we have recently migrated to a new app, designed to give you an enhanced experience. Please click on “Forgot Password” and reselect a password to continue.
5. I did not receive my One-Time-Password (OTP)? What should I do?
The OTP is sent to you via email to your registered email account. Due to different email services, there could sometimes be a delay in the email. Please ensure that you have entered the correct e-mail address and check your spam folder if you cannot locate the email in your Inbox. If you still have not received your OTP, click “Resend OTP”. Should the problem persist, please email us at email@example.com.
6. How do I reset my password?
On the “Sign In” screen, click on “Forgot Password?” link above the “Sign In” button, and follow the instructions to reset your password. If you are already logged in, you can go to Settings -> Account -> Change Password.
7. Can I use Touch ID or Facial Recognition?
It depends on your mobile phone model and setting. In the app, click on “Account” followed by “My Settings”. If you can activate “Enable Touch ID” or “Enable Face Auth” here. If the feature is available to you, simply follow the instructions in the app to continue.
Our Facial Recognition software is proprietary to Prudential and does not rely on the facial recognition software of your mobile device.
1. Do I need to complete my profile on Pulse if I am an existing Prudential customer?
Yes, you will have to complete your profile on Pulse the first time you register.
2. How do I update my profile within the app?
Click on the “Account” tab and then click on “My Profile”.
3. How do I change my profile picture or avatar?
Click on the “Account” tab then click on “My Profile”. You will see a circle above your name. Simply click on the circle and select the option to upload or take a photo.
4. How do I delete my profile?
Please make a request through the in-app Feedback function or email firstname.lastname@example.org and further instructions will be sent to you.
1. Are my personal information and consultation details secure within Pulse?
Your personal details and health data are kept confidential and secure. Prudential does not have access to any personal health information that you share with our partners for the Healthcheck, Symptom Checker, Video Consultation with a Doctor functionalities and payments.
2. Will my health information be shared with Prudential and have an impact on my premiums / underwriting for a new policy?
We respect the privacy of all users of Pulse. The information derived from your use of the app does not constitute disclosure of information for an insurance policy contract between Prudential and you.
With My Wearables, you can connect Pulse to your health apps such as Apple Health (for iOS devices), Google Fit (for Android devices), Fitbit or Garmin and begin tracking your fitness in Pulse.
Navigate to the ‘Health’ tab, and click on the red bubble to access “Wearables”. Click on the settings icon on the top right and here, you can connect the relevant apps by swiping right.
Key-in the necessary account credentials to connect and sync. Pulse will then begin tracking your steps, distance, active minutes and calories if the information is available.
You will need to restart your phone and then launch the app again. If the problem persists, please follow the steps below:
For Fitbit Users:
For Garmin Users:
For Apple Health Users:
For Google Fit Users:
1. What is Symptom Checker and how do I use it?
Symptom Checker asks questions about symptoms via a chatbot interface and then suggests the most appropriate next step to take, as well as possible causes for symptoms like these. It acts as a “digital-first” gateway for people seeking care, powered by AI using best available evidence and validated by teams of doctors. The Symptom Checker can help you better understand worrying symptoms and direct you where best to seek further advice from healthcare professionals. It gives fast outcomes and provides information about where the medical concerns and information entered might need to be treated and/or possible causes for what a user entered (and their associated likelihoods).
2. How accurate is the information provided by the Symptom Checker?
The Symptom Checker is powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), which provides a triage outcome and probability-based statements of possible conditions. The service has been created, reviewed and validated by Babylon doctors and computer scientists and is tested frequently. Babylon updates its epidemiological model often and ensure that it is clinically relevant by considering local disease burden, risk factors and suitable for local context (eg. language and cultural considerations).
The service has also been customised for Singapore, including diseases specific to this region and involving Singapore-based physicians registered with the Singapore Medical Council who are involved in the localisation and testing process. It will be continuously monitored for accuracy as well as compliance with the relevant safety standards and regulatory requirements.
Note: This is not a diagnostic tool and is only intended for general wellbeing purposes by adults over the age of 18 and is not intended to be used for any medical purposes. The Symptom Checker should not be used during pregnancy, or if you have any dermatological conditions or their associated symptoms. Any health-related information provided should not be treated as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a doctor for any medical advice required or if you are concerned about any of your symptoms. Symptom Checker should never be used in a medical emergency, local emergency services should be contacted in this situation.
3. How do I access my chat history?
If you use the Symptom Checker for the first time, there is no “Chat History” to view. If you have already registered and used the Symptom Checker on a previous visit, you can view your chat history by clicking on the ‘Health’ page, then clicking on ‘Feeling Unwell’; you will be directed to a page that shows ‘View Chat history’.
4. I was presented with no triage recommendations or outcomes. What do I do?
We apologise for the inconvenience caused. This could be due to a technical error or an inconclusive response. Should you encounter such issues, please send your feedback to us through the in-app feedback function.
1. What is Healthcheck and how do I use it?
Healthcheck is a digital questionnaire designed to give users insight into their long-term disease risks, and the changes they can make to reduce their risk and improve their long-term health. Through a detailed assessment of medical history, family history, diet, lifestyle and mental health, Healthcheck creates a projection of the user’s risk of contracting a range of diseases in the next 5 years, based on peer-reviewed epidemiological data. These diseases are represented to the user through the Digital Twin, a graphic representation of the human body broken down by organ. From here users can explore specific diseases and understand their risks and the factors affecting them. Risks are shown in comparison to people of the same age and gender, to show the user how their risks compare to people like them.
To note: Healthcheck is intended for use by adults over the age of 18. Healthcheck is not suitable for pregnant women and users with long-term medical conditions or disabilities who may have different needs and risks than shown.
2. How accurate is the disease risk calculation?
Disease risk calculation in Healthcheck is based on statistics using a risk scoring system. This risk scoring system is built from population-based epidemiological data for diseases and their risk factors, gathered primarily from observational studies of populations. As such, risk score can be considered reflective of the typical individual in the population for whom the questionnaire responses given match those of the user. The model has been tested against individual outcomes for a subset of the diseases using a large longitudinal population study.
1. What is a Video Consultation with a Doctor service in Pulse?
A video consultation allows you to consult with a Singapore-licensed doctor online via video call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. MyDoc’s professional doctors will review your symptoms and advise you on any necessary treatment following the consultation. After the consultation, the doctor may issue an electronic medical certificate and prescribe medication to you if necessary.
The medication can be delivered to you, or you can pick it up from a preferred Guardian pharmacy location islandwide.
2. Who is providing this service?
The video consultation service is powered by MyDoc, a telemedicine provider under the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) Regulatory Sandbox.3. Can I select the doctor I want to consult? Can I choose the same doctor for subsequent consultations?
Doctors will be scheduled based on availability. If you wish to select the same doctor after the first consultation, you may make a request through the concierge service within 7 days after the first consultation.
4. Can I obtain a medical certificate (MC) through Pulse once I have completed a Video Consultation with a Doctor?Yes, you will be issued an electronic Medical Certificate (e-MC) following a consultation if it is medically warranted. However, an e-MC is only issued for outpatient medical leave and at the doctor’s discretion. Please note that the e-MC will be electronically signed. An e-MC issued by any Singapore-registered doctor is considered valid and will be recognised by employers.
5. Who is eligible for a Video Consultation?
The video consultation with a doctor is available for Pulse users who:
6. Can my kids see a doctor via this service?
Only adults 18 years old and above can consult with a doctor via the video consultation service within Pulse.7. How many times can I see a doctor? Is there a limit?
There is no limit to the number of times you can consult a doctor via the video consultation service within Pulse.8. Do you cover consultation for chronic illness like diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease etc?
You can use the video consultation service for chronic illnesses, as long as the conditions are stable and under control, and you have your readings readily available to be shared with the doctor.
Making an Appointment for Video Consultation
9. How soon can I get an appointment?You will be assigned a doctor typically between 15 minutes to 3 hours after you have made your booking. The standard duration of a consultation is 15 minutes.
10. How do I cancel an appointment? / I have cancelled my appointment. Will I still be charged?
You will not be able to cancel any appointments once they are made. All appointment-related costs (consultation charges) are non-refundable.
During the Consultation
11. I would like to share medical reports with my doctor during the video consultation. How do I do that?You can share files (photographs, PDFs etc) with your doctor by uploading these files during an active chat session.
12. The doctor cannot see me or hear me. What do I do?
Doctors will typically terminate calls which are of poor audio/video quality and re-initiate the call with you. If there are still issues with the video consultation, please check your internet connectivity.
Prescription and Medicines
13. I received an e-Prescription. What do I do next? How do I collect my medication?Once you receive a digital copy of the prescription, the concierge will get in touch with you to coordinate the dispensing options. You can either have the medications delivered to you or pick up the prescribed medication at a Guardian pharmacy near you.
14. The prescription I received is not the same as what the doctor spoke about during the video consultation. What do I do?
You may retrieve a copy of your medical prescription in your file section under Consultation Summary. If you have any concerns with your prescription, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may use the in-app feedback function.
15. How do I pay for the prescribed medication?If you would like to have the medication delivered to you, the concierge will inform you of the total cost of the prescribed medication and delivery fees before charging the amount to your card. Should you wish to pick up the prescribed medication at a Guardian pharmacy, payment will be collected there.
16. Do you offer repeat prescription services?
A repeat prescription may be issued, but only after the completion of a video consultation with a doctor and at the discretion of the doctor.
17. I have a question about my medication? Whom do I ask?A concierge service will be in touch with you right after the consultation to facilitate the medicine pick-up / delivery. You may raise questions through the concierge service for up to 7 days after the consultation. Alternatively, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the in-app feedback function.
18. Where do I access documents relating to my video consultation?
You can retrieve all documents, including case notes, prescriptions, electronic medical certificate, payment receipts and referral letters (where applicable) under the ‘Consultation Summary’ found on the Health landing page.
Payments and Receipt
19. How much is it?An eligible customer will only need to pay a flat rate of SGD15 per consultation excluding medication and delivery fees. All medication prescribed is chargeable unless indicated otherwise.
Please note that prices may be updated from time to time.
20. How do I pay?
VISA and Mastercard are accepted for in-app purchases or payments via Pulse.
21. I am unable to add my credit card details. What do I do?You are only able to add your credit card details if you intend to book a video consultation with MyDoc. If the page is not loading, please restart Pulse and try again. If the issue persists, please email us at email@example.com.
22. I was in the midst of a credit card transaction when my app stopped functioning. What do I do? How do I know if my card has been charged?
If the transaction was charged to your card, you will receive a notification and a receipt. If there are any billing and/or invoice discrepancies, please use the in-app Feedback function to contact us. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. I was charged incorrectly. What do I do?If there are any discrepancies with your billing / invoice, please contact us via the in-app Feedback function. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you within two working days
24. Will I receive a receipt?You can go to the “View Reports” tab to retrieve a copy of your receipt after your video consultation.
Benefits & Claims
25. My company has a Group Insurance policy with Prudential. Does it cover the cost of video consultations as well?
If your company’s Group Insurance policy with Prudential allows for reimbursement for telemedicine services, you may put in a claim for the video consultation. If your company’s Group Insurance policy is with another insurer, please check with the relevant party.
26. Will Prudential’s medical policies cover the cost of telemedicine?Our medical policies do not cover outpatient or consultations with general practitioners. As such, telemedicine services are not covered under our PRUshield plans. However, if you have a personal accident policy with Prudential, and in the event, you sustain an injury that can be treated through a video consultation process, you may use the case note and letter from the doctor as supporting material when you submit your claim to us.
For Group Insurance, if your company’s Group Insurance policy with Prudential allows for reimbursement for telemedicine services, you may put in a claim for the video consultation. If your company’s Group Insurance policy is with another insurer, please check with the relevant party.
1. How does the BMI Recorder work?
All you need to do is to take a selfie of your face and upper body and our BMI Recorder will calculate your estimated age and BMI. Please note that this is an estimate and may not be your actual age or BMI recording.
2. I took a picture but it did not work. Why?
If you see the “Health” tab after taking a selfie, it is likely that we could not estimate your BMI based on the photo taken. Please ensure that your full face and shoulders are captured in the photo.
1. How does the Wrinkle Mirror work?
All you need to do is to take a selfie of your face and our Wrinkle Mirror will calculate your estimated age and Wrinkle Index. Please note that this is an estimate and may not be your actual age.
2. I took a picture but it did not work. Why?
If you see the “Health” tab after taking a selfie, it is likely that we could not estimate your Wrinkle Index based on the photo taken. Please ensure that your full face is captured in the photo.
1. What is ‘My Health Content’?
My Health Content is a feature within Pulse that delivers bite-sized content in the form of articles and videos with tips and insight on how to lead a balanced and active lifestyle.
2. How credible is the content available through the ‘My Health Content’ channel?
Content available on My Health Content has been curated from credible sources, including our partners Babylon and MyDoc. All content is fact-checked by its originators.
1. What is the Wealth Channel?
The Wealth Channel is a feature that delivers educational content for users to learn more about various aspects of financial management. It includes but is not limited to information on saving, investing, borrowing and spending wisely. The Wealth Channel is a feature that delivers educational content for users to learn more about various aspects of financial management. It includes but is not limited to information on saving, investing, borrowing and spending wisely.
2. What is the source of the Wealth Channel content?
The current content available on the Wealth Channel is brought to you by Eastspring Investments (Singapore) Limited.
1. What is the Clinic Locator?
The Clinic Locator is a directory of Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS) clinics and hospitals that are located near you. Please allow the app to access your location, so the app is able to identify clinics near you.
2. Where is the information for the Clinic Locator obtained from?
The information for the Clinic Locator is obtained from local Singapore Government sources.
3. I am unable to see any clinics or hospitals near me. What do I do?
Please ensure that your location settings are switched-on on your mobile device in order to view any clinics or hospitals near you. To search for a clinic,
4. I am a Prudential Enterprise Business / Group customer. Am I able to use my Medical Card at the clinics and hospitals listed in the app? Can I enjoy cashless payment benefits?
The app lists all CHAS clinics and hospitals in Singapore, but the panel clinics available to you may not be the exact same as those listed in the app. You can only use your medical card for cashless treatments at the clinics listed on your Panel Clinics list provided. Please reach out to your organisation’s HR contact if you need info on the list.
5. I am a Prudential customer. Do I get any benefits at the listed clinics and hospitals?
No. The Clinic Locator is not related to your Prudential policy at this stage and simply provides you with a quick search of CHAS clinics and hospitals near you.
1. What is PRUShoppe and how do I use it?
On PRUShoppe you can find micro-insurance products that provide coverage for different purposes. You can find out more about each product and also complete your application within the app.
2. Will I be issued an insurance policy or certificate?
Yes, once your application is completed, you will be able to see the policy documents in the Pulse app under My Policy section.
3. How do I make a payment?
You can make a payment on the Pulse app via any VISA or Mastercard.
4. I need help, I want to know if the product suits me, who can I speak to?
You can send a query using the in app Feedback function or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How do I enable / disable notifications?
Accessing your device settings for the Pulse application would enable you to turn notifications on or off. We highly recommend that you turn on the notifications for Pulse so you can enjoy the best of its capabilities.
2. The app crashes / freezes. What should I do?
Please close the app and restart. If the problem persists, please delete and re-install the app. Your data will remain intact. Should the problem persist, please send a query using the Feedback function or email us at email@example.com.
3. Do I need an Internet connection to use Pulse?
Yes, you will require a stable Internet connection to use Pulse.
4. I would like to make a complaint. What should I do?
Please share any feedback or complaints through the in-app Feedback function. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within two working days.
5. I have lost my phone – is my health data protected?
To ensure your data remains secure, a password is required to access any feature / service/ information on Pulse. It also has a timeout feature where the you will be logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.