PRUSafe Guard 22
Enjoy affordable protection against COVID-19 and 21 Infectious diseases
What is PRUSafe Guard 22?
- A microinsurance plan with 6-month term coverage that covers you against COVID-19 and 21 infectious diseases.
- Highly affordable and conveniently available to purchase within the Pulse by Prudential app with just a few clicks.
- A waiting period of 21 days applies after which the plan’s benefits are payable.
- PRUSafe Guard 22 is open for all Singapore residents between 18-59 years old. This includes all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreigners with valid passes.
- Please refer to the policy contract for the exact terms and definitions.
PRUSafe Guard 22 – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I sign up
PRUSafe Guard 22 can be purchased in the Pulse by Prudential app via its e-store, PRUShoppe. To download the app, access the Apple App Store or Android Play Store here and create a login.
2. Who is eligible for PRUSafe Guard 22?
PRUSafe Guard 22 is eligible for all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents, or Foreigners with valid passes who are 18-59* years old. You will need to have your Singpass login details to sign up.
*Last entry age is 59 years old (60 Age Next Birthday) and renewable up to 60 years old (61 Age Next Birthday).
3. What coverage does PRUSafe Guard 22 provide?
PRUSafe Guard 22 provides coverage for any one of the following 21 infectious diseases as well as Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
List of 21 infectious diseases:
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD)
- Dengue Fever
- Avian Influenza or “Bird Flu” due to Influenza A viral strains H1N1, H5N1, H9N2, H7N7, H7N9
- Anthrax Infection
- Yellow Fever
- Melioidosis or “soil disease”
- Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) or ‘mad cow disease’
- Nipah Viral Encephalitis
- Japanese Viral Encephalitis
- Legionnaires’ disease
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
- Zika Virus
4. What benefits does PRUSafe Guard 22 provide?
Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19)
A lumpsum payout upon hospitalisation due to COVID-19
21 Infectious diseases
A lump sum payout upon diagnosis of any one of the 21 infectious disease
5. What are the key exclusions for PRUSafe Guard 22?
We do not pay in any of the following circumstances:
- If the life assured has any pre-existing medical conditions;
- If the life assured has any sickness other than COVID-19 and/or 21 Infectious Diseases during the policy term;
- if the life assured is diagnosed with COVID-19 outside Singapore;
- if the life assured is diagnosed with any of the 21 Infectious Diseases or hospitalised due to COVID-19 before the policy start date;
- if the life assured is diagnosed with any of the 21 Infectious Diseases or hospitalised due to COVID-19 within 21 days from the policy start date;
- if the life assured has been in contact with any individual suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 21 days from the policy start date;
- if the life assured is reasonably suspected to have been infected by 21 Infectious Diseases and COVID-19, and is currently serving a Leave of Absence, Stay-Home Notice or Quarantine order as directed by the Ministry of Health (MOH), on or before the policy start date;
- if the life assured was issued with a fine or imprisonment term for breaching Singapore Government initiatives on Novel Coronavirus and subsequently diagnosed with COVID-19;
- If the life assured fails to take reasonable precautions, or is negligent or reckless, resulting in being infected with the Novel Coronavirus;
- The life assured travelled overseas or acted against a travel or health advisory issued by the Singapore Government in relation to the country of destination;
- we have already paid under the same event; or
- if any of the infectious diseases has been announced as: i) an epidemic by the health authority in Singapore or the Singapore Government; or
ii) a pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO), from the date of such announcement until the epidemic or pandemic ends, except COVID-19.
Other T&Cs apply. Please refer to the policy document or product summary for more information
6. When will the coverage end?
The coverage term for PRUSafe Guard 22 is 6 months and is automatically renewable every 6 months. However, the benefits under PRUSafe Guard 22 will terminate upon:
- When the life assured dies
- When the policy is cancelled via the cancellation function made available in Pulse App within the 14-day review period
- Payout of both 21 Infectious disease and Covid-19 benefit
- If you fail to pay the premiums when they are due
- On the cover end date as shown in your Certificated of Life assurance
- When you reach the maximum age limit or
- When we decide not to renew the policy,
- Whichever event occurs first.
Note: Premium rates and policy renewal are not guaranteed.
7. Do I have to go for a medical check-up?
No, there would be no medical check-up or health declaration required to sign up for PRUSafe Guard 22.
8. Do my premiums change over time?
Yes, renewal premium rates are not guaranteed and may be adjusted based on claims experience. Prudential reserves the right to vary premiums at any time by giving 30 days’ written notice to the policyowner before doing so. Please note your policy will be automatically renewed every 6 months. If you do not wish to renew your policy, you may opt out of the auto-renewal function within the Pulse App before the end of your Policy Term.
9. Who can I look for when I have questions on or wish to make changes to my policy?
Should you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at+65 6714 3939. (Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, excluding Public Holidays).
10. Is there any waiting period?
There is a waiting period of 21 days for benefits under PRUSafe Guard 22.
11. Is there a free-look period if I wish to cancel the policy without penalty?
Yes, you will have a period of 14 days from the date we confirm the start of your policy to review its terms and conditions.
If you decide this policy is not suitable for your needs, you can cancel the policy within the 14-day review period by accessing the cancellation function under My Policies. We will refund any premium you have paid (without interest), less any amounts you owe us in connection with the policy. You cannot cancel your policy after this 14-day free-look period.
12. How do I make a claim?
Please access My Policies > PRUSafe Guard 22 > Submit a claim in the Pulse by Prudential app.
You will be required to provide information on your claim via our online portal and submit the required documents for our review.
For any questions about your claims, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at+65 6714 3939. (Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, excluding Public Holidays).
13. What should I do if I have trouble signing up for PRUSafe Guard 22 or difficulties with the app?
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at +65 6714 3939 (Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, excluding Public Holidays).