What is PRUSafe COVIDCover?
- A complimentary insurance plan that gives you additional peace of mind that you are financially protected when you are hospitalised due to the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccination.
- PRUSafe COVIDCover is open for all Singapore residents aged 18^ and above with Singpass login.
- PRUSafe COVIDCover is also available for kids aged between 5 and 17 years old. To sign up, either parent will need to be the main applicant.
- Complimentary PRUSafe COVIDCover coverage is up till 31 December 2023. New sign-up starts from 3 January 2023 and ends on 30 November 2023.
- Cover end date may be subject to change.
- Please refer to the policy contract for the exact T&Cs.
PRUSafe COVIDCover – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I sign up?
PRUSafe COVIDCover can be applied through the Pulse by Prudential app via its e-store, PRUShoppe. To download the app, access the Apple App Store or Android Play Store here and create a login.
2. Who is eligible for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
PRUSafe COVIDCover is open to all Singapore Residents who are 18 years old and above with a Singpass login.
PRUSafe COVIDCover is also available for kids aged between 5 and 17 years old. To sign up, either parent will need to be the main applicant. The main applicant must be at least 18 years old at the point of application.
3. What is the sign-up period for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
Customers can sign up for PRUSafe COVIDCover between 3 January 2023 and 30 November 2023. The policy coverage will expire on 31 December 2023.
Note for existing policyholders: Policies incepted on or before 30 November 2022 will be renewed and extended automatically until 31 December 2023. Policyholders can opt out of the automatic extension by contacting email@example.com with their policy number, by 31 December 2022. The coverage period on the Pulse app will be updated to reflect the end date of 31 December 2023 (from the current 31 December 2022), and a new policy document and product summary will be provided.
4. What are the benefits of PRUSafe COVIDCover?
Daily Hospital Cash Benefit
If the life assured is hospitalised for medical intervention directly due to the side effects caused by the COVID-19 vaccination within 7 days from the date the life assured received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, we pay a Daily Hospital Cash benefit of $100 per day of hospitalisation subject to a maximum of 14 days for each COVID-19 vaccination dosage.
Note: Day of hospitalisation means a period of 24 hours of hospitalisation. The first day of hospitalisation starts at the time of admission to the hospital and each subsequent day of hospitalisation starts 24 hours after the end of the previous day of hospitalisation. The day of discharge is considered as a day of hospitalisation if the time of discharge of the life assured from the hospital is more than 12 hours from the later of:
- the time of admission to the hospital; or
- the end of the previous day of hospitalisation.
Hospitalisation excludes short stay ward, Accident & Emergency ward and day surgery.
The COVID-19 vaccination needs to be authorised by the Singapore Health Sciences Authority or classified under the Special Access Route (SAR) and administered on the recommendation of a Registered Medical Practitioner. The side effects of COVID-19 vaccinations must also be diagnosed in Singapore by a Registered Medical Practitioner and the life assured has to be hospitalised in Singapore on the recommendation of a Registered Medical Practitioner.
Note: A Registered Medical Practitioner is any person properly qualified with a degree in western medicine to practise medicine and is licensed by the Singapore Medical Council to practise medicine within the scope of his licensing and training. This cannot be you, the life assured or a family member of either.
5. What is the premium rate for this plan?
PRUSafe COVIDCover is a complimentary insurance plan. Hence, there is no premium payable for this policy.
6. When will the coverage end?
PRUSafe COVIDCover will end:
- when the life assured dies; or
- on the cover end date as shown on the Pulse app (extended to 31 December 2023)
whichever event happens first.
7. Do I need to be an existing Prudential Customer to apply for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
No, PRUSafe COVIDCover is available to all users (aged 18 and above) of the Pulse app who are Singapore Residents and have a Singpass login. Either parent may also sign up for their child(ren) aged between 5 and 17 years old as the main applicant. Sign-up for PRUSafe COVIDCover will open between 3 January 2023 and 30 November 2023 and the policy coverage will expire on 31 December 2023.
8. Do I have to go for a medical check-up?
No, as there is no medical underwriting required for this policy.
9. I have pre-existing conditions for allergies to other vaccinations. Can I still sign up for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
Yes, as this policy does not require medical underwriting.
10. What if I pass on before I make a claim for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
There is no death benefit for PRUSafe COVIDCover. The policy will terminate upon the death of the life assured.
11. How do I make a claim?
Please access PRUServices > PRUSafe COVIDCover > Submit a claim in the Pulse by Prudential app. After filling out the form and submitting the required documentation, your claims will be processed.
You must give us all required documents within 30 days from the last day of hospitalisation or we cannot consider your claim.
Should you have any questions about your claims, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at+65 6714 3939. (Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, excluding Public Holidays).
12. What should I do if I have trouble signing up for PRUSafe COVIDCover or difficulties with the app?
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at +65 6714 3939 (Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, excluding Public Holidays).
13. Can I cancel the policy?
For existing policyholders who do not wish to have your policies extended till 31 December 2023, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your policy number by 31 December 2022.
For new sign-ups from 3 January 2023 onwards, cancellation of the policy is not allowed as this policy is complimentary.
14. Are there any exclusions for this policy?
We do not pay in any of the following circumstances:
- if the hospitalisation of the life assured is caused directly or indirectly by any cause other than the side effects due directly to the life assured’s COVID-19 vaccination;
- if the life assured is diagnosed with the side effects of COVID-19 vaccinations outside Singapore;
- if the COVID-19 vaccine that resulted in the hospitalisation is administered before the cover start date of the policy;
- if any of the COVID-19 vaccination was not authorised by the Singapore Health Sciences Authority or not classified under the Special Access Route (SAR);
- if any dose of the COVID-19 vaccine was not administered on the recommendation of a Registered Medical Practitioner; or
- if any of the COVID-19 vaccination results in the life assured being hospitalised directly due to the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccination after 7 days from the date the life assured received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
A Registered Medical Practitioner is any person properly qualified with a degree in western medicine to practise medicine and is licensed by the Singapore Medical Council to practise medicine within the scope of his licensing and training. This cannot be you, the life assured or a family member of either.
15. My PRUSafe COVIDCover policy was incepted on or before 30 November 2022. Would I get enjoy the extended coverage as well?
Yes. The coverage extension has been automatically applied to all in-force PRUSafe COVIDCover policies incepted on or before 30 November 2022.
16. Can I make a claim if I am hospitalised for medical intervention directly due to the side effects caused by the COVID-19 vaccination 8 days after receiving the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine?
No, the Daily Hospital Cash benefit only applies if the life assured is hospitalised for medical intervention directly due to the side effects caused by the COVID-19 vaccination within 7 days from the date the life assured received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
17. Can I make a claim if I have received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before I sign up for PRUSafe COVIDCover but is hospitalised for medical intervention directly due to the side effects caused by the COVID-19 vaccination within 7 days after receiving the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine?
No, the Daily Hospital Cash benefit will not apply if the life assured received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before signing up for PRUSafe COVIDCover but is hospitalised within 7 days after receiving the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
18. As a PRUSafe COVIDCover Policyholder, am I still eligible for a flat rate of $5 for Teleconsultation with MyDoc?
The redemption code for the S$5 Teleconsultation service with MyDoc will expire after 31 December 2022. Policyholders who wish to utilise the service should do so on or before 31 December 2022.
Terms and Conditions
PRUSAFE COVIDCOVER TELECONSULTATION FLAT RATE INITIATIVE
A. Initiative Details
- “Prudential” means Prudential Assurance Company Singapore (Pte) Limited.
- “Customer” means any eligible individual policyholder who has registered for a PRUSafe COVIDCover policy on Pulse by Prudential (“Pulse”) since 26 January 2021.
- “Redemption Code” refers to the last 4 digits of the Policyholder’s PRUSafe COVIDCover policy.
- “Offering” refers to flat rate S$5 Teleconsultation through MyDoc on Pulse, for eligible PRUSafe COVIDCover Policyholders (including existing in-force policy holders and new signups)
- Mechanisms of the Initiative
- Offering Redemption/Collection
The Initiative is open to all qualifying Customers, as defined above.
The eligible Customer will state the Redemption Code, which is valid till 31 December 2022. This redemption code must be mentioned to the concierge service, after a consultation to qualify for the “Offering”. The Customer will be required to enter their credit card details to book an appointment.
There is no limit on the number of times a policyholder may use the $5 teleconsultation for each teleconsultation service. For the avoidance of doubt, the cost of any medication and medication delivery costs associated will not form part of the “Offering” and will be billed separately.
B. General Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the Initiative, each Customer is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other instructions, terms and conditions that Prudential may issue from time to time.
- Prudential assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected forms or email communication, for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic transmission which may limit a Customer’s ability to participate in the initiative.
- Prudential has the sole and absolute discretion to exclude any Customers from participating in the Initiative without any obligation to furnish notice and/or reason.
- Prudential reserves the right to disqualify or disregard any Customer who does not comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- Prudential may at its discretion forfeit the “Offering”, or, if already awarded, reclaim the “Offering” at the expense of the eligible Customer without payment, compensation, or having to give any reason whatsoever in the event Prudential subsequently discovers that the eligible Customer is not eligible to participate in the initiative and/or to receive the “Offering”.
- The “Offering” is subject to availability while stocks last. Prudential reserves the right to replace any “Offering” with items of similar value at any time without prior notice.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any loss of, damage to, defects, delay, mis-delivery or nondelivery of the “Offering”.
- Prudential reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed “Offering” in any manner it deems fit. Prudential reserves the right to request for the Customer’s proof of eligibility, identity and/or otherwise for the purposes of verifying the Customer’s claim to the “Offering”(s) at the time of “Offering” collection. Prudential is under no obligation whatsoever to disclose the identity of its customers or to publish the same for any reason at any point of time.
- The “Offering” is not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items of equivalent value. The validity period of the “Offering” is non-extendable. Prudential will be under no obligation to replace or pay to Customers ‘the value of any “Offering”(s) that are not utilised by the Customer before the end of the validity period of the “Offering”(s) as may be stipulated by Prudential and/or relevant merchants.
- By participating in this Initiative, each Customer agrees and consents under the Personal Data Protection Act (Cap 26 of 2012) to the collection, use and disclosure of any and all personal data of the Customer by/to Prudential, advertising and promotional agencies of the initiative and such other third party, in Prudential’s absolute discretion, consider appropriate or necessary in connection with the initiative and redemption of “Offering”(s).
- If a Customer provides Prudential with personal data of any third party, that Employee hereby:
- Agrees on behalf of that third party to be bound by the Terms and Conditions contained herein; and
- Consents on behalf of that third party, to Prudential’s collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data in accordance with the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
- Prudential shall not be liable for any third party’s misuse of the Customer’s submitted information and photograph as a result of the Customer taking part in the Initiative.
- Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Initiative constitutes permission for Prudential, its advertising and promotional agencies to use any of the Customer’s names, and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes. Each Customer further agrees and acknowledges that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all photographs or audiovideo or other recordings of the Customer taken or made in connection with the initiative shall vest solely and absolutely in Prudential without any compensation to the Customer.
- Prudential may at any time at its absolute discretion, without prior notice or assigning any reason thereof or being liable to any person, (i) suspend, cancel or terminate the initiative, or (ii) delete, vary, supplement, amend, modify any one or more of the terms and conditions of the Imitative. Prudential’s determination of all matters in connection with the Initiative and the “Offering” shall be final, binding and conclusive. Prudential is not obliged to give any reason or prior notice on any matter concerning the Initiative or the “Offering”. No appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained. Prudential has the right and discretion to determine whether a party has met the requirements of the Initiative and/or to receive the “Offering”. Customers shall not be entitled to any damages or compensation whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of such amendment, suspension or termination.
- By participating in the Initiative, all Customers agree and undertake to, at all times, indemnify, keep indemnified, and hold Prudential, its employees and agents harmless against all losses (including direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential losses), damages (including general, special, and/or punitive damages), demands, injuries (other than personal injury caused by Prudential’s negligence), claims, costs, penalties, interest and fees (including all legal fees as between solicitor and client or otherwise on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings), howsoever caused by, arising or resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, their participation in the Initiative, acceptance or usage of any “Offering”, and/or any breach or purported breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or any applicable law.
- Prudential makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the merchants’ goods and services in respect of the “Offering”(s). Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the merchant. Merchant terms and conditions apply.
- In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the Initiative, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Initiative, in particular the “Offering”(s), are the property of their respective owners. Prudential is not affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by, such owners and their relevant affiliates.
- Failure by Prudential to exercise any of its right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Singapore law and the Customers agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
The Customer warrants that he/she has obtained the said third party’s prior consent to such collection, use, disclosure and processing of his/her personal data by Prudential and that the personal data that the Customer provides to Prudential is true, accurate and complete.
This is only product information provided by us. You should seek advice from a qualified advisor if in doubt.
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. Before replacing an existing accident and health policy with a new one, you should consider whether the switch is detrimental, as there may be potential disadvantages with switching and the new policy may cost more or have fewer benefits at the same cost.
There are certain conditions whereby no benefits will be payable. These are stated as exclusions in the policy documents. Please refer to the policy documents for details.
This is for reference only and is not a contract of insurance. Please refer to the exact terms and conditions, specific details and exclusions applicable to this insurance product in the policy documents.
The information contained herein is intended to be valid in Singapore only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Information is correct as of 1 January 2023.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
^Parents of children aged 5 to 17 years, can help their children sign up as main applicant on Pulse by Prudential app, with no underwriting needed.
4 Benefits of Microinsurance
When reading up on insurance, you might have come across the term ‘microinsurance’. Microinsurance refers to bite-sized insurance products that offer affordable insurance coverage for a variety of needs.
Insurance For Side Effects Of The COVID-19 Vaccine: Here's What You Need To Know
The COVID-19 vaccine is being rolled out in phases in Singapore, with priority being given to those who are at a higher risk1