What is PRUSafe COVIDCover?
- A complimentary insurance plan that gives you additional peace of mind that you are financially protected when you are hospitalised due to the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccination.
- PRUSafe COVIDCover is open for all Singapore residents aged 18^ and above with Singpass login.
- PRUSafe COVIDCover is also available for kids aged between 5 and 17 years old. To sign up, either parent will need to be the main applicant.
- All PRUSafe COVIDCover Policyholders (including existing policyholders and new sign-ups) is eligible for the flat rate S$5* MyDoc Teleconsultations through the term of the policy. There is no limit on the number of time the policyholder can enjoy this flat rate.
- Policy coverage will expire on 31 December 2022.
- Complimentary PRUSafe COVIDCover coverage is up till 31 December 2022. Sign up ends on 30 November 2022.
- Cover end date may be subject to change.
- Please refer to the policy contract for the exact T&Cs.
PRUSafe COVIDCover – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I sign up?
PRUSafe COVIDCover can be applied through the Pulse by Prudential app via its e-store, PRUShoppe. To download the app, access the Apple App Store or Android Play Store here and create a login.
2. Who is eligible for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
PRUSafe COVIDCover is open to all Singapore Residents who are 18 years old and above with a Singpass login.
PRUSafe COVIDCover is also available for kids aged between 5 and 17 years old. To sign up, either parent will need to be the main applicant. The main applicant must be at least 18 years old at the point of application.
3. What is the sign-up period for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
Customers can sign up for PRUSafe COVIDCover before 30 November 2022. The policy coverage will expire on 31 December 2022.
Note for existing policyholders: Policies incepted before 31 December 2021 has been renewed and extended automatically until 31 December 2022. Policyholders were given the option to opt out of the automatic extension. An SMS was sent to them on 18 January 2022 and given until 23 January 2022 to opt out. The coverage period on the Pulse app has been updated to reflect the end date of 31 December 2022 (from the current 31 Jan 2022), and a new policy document and product summary has been provided.
4. What are the benefits of PRUSafe COVIDCover?
Daily Hospital Cash
If the life assured is hospitalised for medical intervention directly due to the side effects caused by the COVID-19 vaccination within 7 days from the date the life assured received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, we pay a Daily Hospital Cash benefit of $100 per day of hospitalisation subject to a maximum of 14 days for each COVID-19 vaccination dosage.
Note: Day of hospitalisation means a period of 24 hours of hospitalisation. The first day of hospitalisation starts at the time of admission to the hospital and each subsequent day of hospitalisation starts 24 hours after the end of the previous day of hospitalisation. The day of discharge is considered as a day of hospitalisation if the time of discharge of the life assured from the hospital is more than 12 hours from the later of:
- the time of admission to the hospital; or
- the end of the previous day of hospitalisation.
Hospitalisation excludes short stay ward, Accident & Emergency ward and day surgery.
The COVID-19 vaccination needs to be authorised by the Singapore Health Sciences Authority or classified under the Special Access Route (SAR) and administered on the recommendation of a Registered Medical Practitioner. The side effects of COVID-19 vaccinations must also be diagnosed in Singapore by a Registered Medical Practitioner and the life assured has to be hospitalised in Singapore on the recommendation of a Registered Medical Practitioner.
Note: A Registered Medical Practitioner is any person properly qualified with a degree in western medicine to practise medicine and is licensed by the Singapore Medical Council to practise medicine within the scope of his licensing and training. This cannot be you, the life assured or a family member of either.
5. What is the premium rate for this plan?
PRUSafe COVIDCover is a complimentary insurance plan. Hence, there is no premium payable for this policy.
6. When will the coverage end?
PRUSafe COVIDCover will end:
- when the life assured dies; or
- on the cover end date as shown on the Pulse app (extended to 31 December 2022)
whichever event happens first.
7. Do I need to be an existing Prudential Customer to apply for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
No, PRUSafe COVIDCover is available to all users (aged 18 and above) of the Pulse app who are Singapore Residents and have a Singpass login. Either parent may also sign up for their child(ren) aged between 5 and 17 years old as the main applicant. Sign-up ends on 30 November 2022 and policy run throughs 31 December 2022.
8. Do I have to go for a medical check-up?
No, as there is no medical underwriting required for this policy.
9. I have pre-existing conditions for allergies to other vaccinations. Can I still sign up for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
Yes, as this policy does not require medical underwriting.
10. What if I pass on before I make a claim for PRUSafe COVIDCover?
There is no death benefit for PRUSafe COVIDCover. The policy will terminate upon the death of the life assured.
11. How do I make a claim?
Please access PRUServices > PRUSafe COVIDCover > Submit a claim in the Pulse by Prudential app. After filling out the form and submitting the required documentation, your claims will be processed.
You must give us all required documents within 30 days from the last day of hospitalisation or we cannot consider your claim.
Should you have any questions about your claims, please email us at email@example.com or call us at+65 6714 3939. (Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, excluding Public Holidays).
12. What should I do if I have trouble signing up for PRUSafe COVIDCover or difficulties with the app?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +65 6714 3939 (Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, excluding Public Holidays).
13. Can I cancel the policy?
As this policy is complimentary, cancellation of the policy is not allowed.
14. Are there any exclusions for this policy?
We do not pay in any of the following circumstances:
- if the hospitalisation of the life assured is caused directly or indirectly by any cause other than the side effects due directly to the life assured’s COVID-19 vaccination;
- if the life assured is diagnosed with the side effects of COVID-19 vaccinations outside Singapore;
- if any dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is administered before the cover start date of the policy;
- if any of the COVID-19 vaccination was not authorised by the Singapore Health Sciences Authority or not classified under the Special Access Route (SAR);
- if any dose of the COVID-19 vaccine was not administered on the recommendation of a Registered Medical Practitioner; or
- if any of the COVID-19 vaccination results in the life assured being hospitalised directly due to the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccination after 7 days from the date the life assured received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
A Registered Medical Practitioner is any person properly qualified with a degree in western medicine to practise medicine and is licensed by the Singapore Medical Council to practise medicine within the scope of his licensing and training. This cannot be you, the life assured or a family member of either.
15. What changes are happening to PRUSafe COVIDCover after it has been automatically extended?
In view of the government’s acceptance of the recommendation for the use of paediatric COVID-19 vaccination doses for children age 5 to 11 years old, the minimum age of entry for PRUSafe COVIDCover will be lowered from 18 to 5 years old. As the main applicant must be at least 18 years old at the point of application, to apply for child(ren) aged between 5 and 17 years old, either parent has to sign up as the main applicant.
The coverage period will be extended from 31 January 2022 to 31 December 2022 and coverage will be enhanced to include for side effects experienced from COVID-19 vaccine(s) classified under the Special Access Route (SAR).
The sign-up period will also be extended to 30 November 2022.
16. My PRUSafe COVIDCover policy was incepted before 26 January 2022. Would I get enjoy the extended coverage as well?
Yes. The coverage extension has been automatically applied to all in-force PRUSafe COVIDCover policies incepted before 26 January 2022 as well.
17. Can I make a claim if I am hospitalised for medical intervention directly due to the side effects caused by the COVID-19 vaccination 8 days after receiving the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine?
No, the daily hospital cash benefit only applies if the life assured is hospitalised for medical intervention directly due to the side effects caused by the COVID-19 vaccination within 7 days from the date the life assured received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
18. Can I make a claim if I have received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before I sign up for PRUSafe COVIDCover but is hospitalised for medical intervention directly due to the side effects caused by the COVID-19 vaccination within 7 days after receiving the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine?
No, the daily hospital cash benefit will not apply if the life assured received the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before signing up for PRUSafe COVIDCover but is hospitalised within 7 days after receiving the dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
19. Who is eligible for the flat rate of S$5 for Teleconsultation with MyDoc?
All PRUSafe COVIDCover Policyholders (including existing policyholders and new sign-ups) can enjoy the flat rate of $5* for Teleconsultation at MyDoc until 31 December 2022. There is no limit on the number of times the policyholder can use this flat rate.
*The fee of S$5 does not include cost of medication and delivery.
20. How do I enjoy the flat rate of S$5 for Teleconsultation with MyDoc?
- In the Pulse app, click on the My Health button, go to Consult Doctor and follow the onscreen prompts.
- After the consultation is complete, a concierge representative will ask you for the last 4 digits of your policy number
- Once the policy number is validated, the offset of the consultation charges will be reflected.
Should you have any difficulties, you can reach out to the Pulse Support team at: email@example.com or +65 6714 3939.
21. What is the Teleconsultation service on Pulse and who is providing this service?
A Teleconsultation on Pulse allows all Pulse users to consult with a Singapore-licensed doctor online via video call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The doctors will review your symptoms and advise you on any necessary treatment following the consultation. After the consultation, the doctor may issue an electronic medical certificate and prescribe medication to you, if necessary.
The medication can be delivered to you, or you can pick it up from a preferred Guardian pharmacy location island-wide with e-prescription capability. The concierge will assist you in finding the nearest outlet. This teleconsultation service is powered by MyDoc listed by the Singapore Ministry of Health (MOH) as a direct telemedicine provider.
This is only product information provided by us. You should seek advice from a qualified advisor if in doubt.
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. Before replacing an existing accident and health policy with a new one, you should consider whether the switch is detrimental, as there may be potential disadvantages with switching and the new policy may cost more or have fewer benefits at the same cost.
There are certain conditions whereby no benefits will be payable. These are stated as exclusions in the policy documents. Please refer to the policy documents for details.
This is for reference only and is not a contract of insurance. Please refer to the exact terms and conditions, specific details and exclusions applicable to this insurance product in the policy documents.
The information contained herein is intended to be valid in Singapore only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Singapore.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Information is correct as of 17 March 2022.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
*The fee of S$5 does not include presciption and delivery of medication.
^Parents of children aged 5 to 17 years, can help their children sign up as main applicant on Pulse by Prudential app, with no underwriting needed.
4 Benefits of Microinsurance
When reading up on insurance, you might have come across the term ‘microinsurance’. Microinsurance refers to bite-sized insurance products that offer affordable insurance coverage for a variety of needs.
Insurance For Side Effects Of The COVID-19 Vaccine: Here's What You Need To Know
The COVID-19 vaccine is being rolled out in phases in Singapore, with priority being given to those who are at a higher risk1