What is PRUMum?
- A single premium 4-year maternity term protection plan with comprehensive coverage for both you and your little one. Covers assisted pregnancies such as In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)1 from week 28.
- With 4 sum assured coverage options, PRUMum aims to provide the protection you and your baby need.
- Coverage includes protection for up to 13 pregnancy complications, 25 congenital illnesses, mental wellness care, gestational diabetes mellitus and hospital care benefits.
1Coverage for assisted pregnancies conceived through In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) and Intracervical Insemination (ICI) starts from week 28 to 35 of pregnancy and will go through normal underwriting.
2Pregnancy Complications covered:
- Abruptio Placentae
- Amniotic Fluid Embolism
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- HELLP Syndrome
- Miscarriage due to an accident
- Placenta Increta or Percreta
- Postpartum Haemorrhage requiring Hysterectomy
- Severe Acute Fatty Liver of pregnancy
- Severe Pre-eclampsia or Eclampsia
- Uterine Rupture
3Psychological consultations benefit pays $100 a session up to two sessions.
4The Insured can receive up to 5% sum assured with postpartum depression diagnosis.
5Coverage for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) conditions includes GDM resulting in Foetal Macrosomia and Neonatal Hypoglycaemia, Type II DM developed 6-8 weeks after birth and pregnancy complications accompanied by GDM.
6Hospital Care Benefit for Mum is 2% of the sum assured for your type of plan for each day. We will pay this benefit up to 100% of the sum assured for your type of plan per policy. This benefit automatically ends once the limit is reached or 60 days from the birth of the child, whichever is earlier. Hospital Care Benefit for Baby is 1% of the sum assured for your type of plan for each day. We will pay the hospital care benefit up to 50% of the sum assured for your type of plan. This hospital care benefit automatically ends once the limit is reached or when the child reaches three years old, whichever is earlier.
7Applicable to multiple births (that means, giving birth to more than one baby from a single pregnancy, like twins, triplets or more), with 50% sum assured per life.
Conditions covered under Hospital Care Benefit for Baby:
- Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever
- Incubation immediately after birth for more than three consecutive days
- Inpatient Hospitalisation due to Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Other Infectious Diseases
- Phototherapy or Blood Transfusion for Severe Neonatal Jaundice
- Premature birth
You are recommended to read the product summary and seek advice from a qualified Prudential Financial Consultant for a financial analysis before purchasing a policy suitable to meet your needs. As this product has no savings or investment feature, there is no cash value if the policy ends or if the policy is terminated prematurely.
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs.
The information on this website is for reference only and is not a contract of insurance. Please refer to the exact terms and conditions, specific details and exclusions applicable to these insurance products in the policy documents that can be obtained from your Prudential Financial Consultant.
The information contained on this website is intended to be valid in Singapore only and shall not be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation to buy or provision of any insurance product outside Singapore.
In case of discrepancy between the English and Mandarin versions of the product brochures, the English version shall prevail.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Information is correct as of 1 October 2021.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Here are 4 important insurance plans to consider for your family
For most of us, family means the world. As such, you would want to take every measure to ensure that they stay protected against the many uncertainties in life.
Protecting Your Baby Bump Now and Beyond
Parenthood is an amazing journey, whether it’s your first or third time — but is your bundle of joy protected?